Audit On Management Fees

Anyone had any experience with managers cooking the books on Condo maintenance fees?

There is an audit done once a year however i suspect that its a simple matter of paying off the auditors to look the other way. Or padding some areas that can be padded easily then pocketing the difference.

There is obviously some pilfering going on and it needs to be brought into check!

First, does anyone know of a reputable audit co in Pattaya Jomtien area?

or building management co?

Second, how to find out who pays the maintenance fee, who doesnt, who is in arrears?

3rd how to make the building manager more accountable for carrying out his duties?

A meeting was held recently and the co owners agreed to the extra SET fees on specific items

One recent project demanded an ex gratia payment from the co owners, some paid, some didnt ( as they got ripped off before or were not using the building so didnt pay or are speculators )

A few months after the extra payments - work commenced on one project and of course the costs were over 40% of the agreed to original price. This extra cost was not agreed to and no one saw the submission quotes to justify the extra expenditure.

No one knows why the higher costs - it could be a relative of the building manager - no one knows - there is no accountability at all - just a sign saying the price is X

I would like to bring this nonsense to a stop and make the sytem more accountable without getting a bullet in the head.

Any law abiding audit or building management team in Jomtien or Pattaya that someone could put me in touch with??

Bangkok

PricewaterhouseCoopers

15th Floor, Bangkok City Tower

179/74-80 South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Thailand

Telephone: [66] (2) 344 1000, (2) 286 9999

Telecopier: [66] (2) 286 5050/0500 (Assurance), 2020 (ER), 4440/5700 (Advisory), 2666 (Tax)

BB