13 vehicle pile-up causes traffic chaos on Pattaya Highway

webfact

Even before I opened the topic, I knew it was Hwy 36.

The rush to and from work on this heavily used road is a daily nightmare for many, and the lighting and road surface are abysmal.

Typically they would turn on the street lights during the day time. thats prolly why the lighting is abysmal.

Used it last night to/ from the collection of puddles currently known as lake Mabphrachan. Just after the flyover for the motorway you are plunged into darkness as you come upon U-Turns where cars and bikes dash across in-front like wilderbeast. Getting onto Hwy36 was dangerous as a solid line of trucks kept left for the Bangkok Rd and filtering in and out (and letting people in) doesn't happen too well. You get the impression everyone wants to make a battle of it. My alternative, all the way around the lake to the Railway line bypass Rd is much further and very slow.

It was daylight when this accident happened.

Even before I opened the topic, I knew it was Hwy 36.

The rush to and from work on this heavily used road is a daily nightmare for many, and the lighting and road surface are abysmal.

Typically they would turn on the street lights during the day time. thats prolly why the lighting is abysmal.

Used it last night to/ from the collection of puddles currently known as lake Mabphrachan. Just after the flyover for the motorway you are plunged into darkness as you come upon U-Turns where cars and bikes dash across in-front like wilderbeast. Getting onto Hwy36 was dangerous as a solid line of trucks kept left for the Bangkok Rd and filtering in and out (and letting people in) doesn't happen too well. You get the impression everyone wants to make a battle of it. My alternative, all the way around the lake to the Railway line bypass Rd is much further and very slow.

Yes, it is dangerous 24/7!

But not always due to poor lighting.

But not always due to poor lighting.

I don't know what point you are trying to make, something about 'They' turning on the street lights during daytime. Well 'They' is likely photocells and the lights being on at daytime is not an added danger, being off at night time, or lights being non-existent, is.