Prime minister warned against commenting on Yingluck cases

webfact

Prime minister warned against commenting on Yingluck cases
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- YINGLUCK Shinawatra's lawyer Norawit Lalang yesterday called on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to stop making remarks about the rice pledging and first-car rebate schemes as the cases are still in court.

"[Prayut] should let the judicial process and the investigative committee work independently," the lawyer said.

The lawyer's remarks came after Prayut said the two schemes were financially detrimental for the country.

Norawit said it was worrisome that such a statement came from Prayut, who also oversees the National Council for Peace and Order.

He went on to say that Prayut already held supreme power under the interim charter's Article 44, and any comments from him could affect the court deliberation and the investigation committee's process of summing up the evidence.

Prayut and former finance minister Sommai Phasee appointed the panel under Article 44, he added.

"According to previous incidents, [Prayut] exercised power granted by Article 44 to transfer as many as 100 public servants, including the attorney-general. So, his remarks could affect the court's verdict," he said

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prime-minister-warned-against-commenting-on-Yinglu-30268559.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-11

"[Prayut] should let the judicial process and the investigative committee work independently," the lawyer said.

I would like to know if this Shin lackey thinks presenting the court staff with a pastry box stuffed with bahts could be considered letting the judicial process work independantly? No, thought not, just more of red double standards we are accustomed to.

Probablt 1 of the few things this cranky old fool has said that i agree with. Both screams were in monetary terms, enormous black holes.

If investigations are done & independent analysis is allowed to take place this will become crystal clear & totally irrefutable

"According to previous incidents, [Prayut] exercised power granted by Article 44 to transfer as many as 100 public servants, including the attorney-general. So, his remarks could affect the court's verdict," he said

I probably missed this tidbit several months ago. One wonders if these 100 transfers were all about corruption as reported dutifully by the media.

I shouldn't worry. The good people are in charge now.

In keeping with recent Thai history from the last 50 years, Prayuth is not going to be uninvolved. Whoever is in power has all the cards. This is not expected to change anytime soon.

Good luck with thatwhistling.gif .

I would like to know if this Shin lackey thinks presenting the court staff with a pastry box stuffed with bahts could be considered letting the judicial process work independantly? No, thought not, just more of red double standards we are accustomed to.

No, as head of state, he is not to pass judgment on a case being tried. He can hold his tung for a few weeks, unless this is just a show trial. Impossible under a military regime that usurped power.

Indeed.

The pastry box bribe; or reveal the judges' names, addresses, phone numbers and suggest some may like to pay them a visit; burn coffins with their photos on outside their homes; lob the odd grenade or two; get the old drunk Chalerm to make veiled threats, suggesting things might happen if wrong decisions are made, or Tarit to threaten he may have to make up a law and sue them.

PTP did everything possible to pressure judges and committees to see things "their way" whilst in office. And, given the chance, would do so again.

If the matter is before the courts, Prayut -O is in contempt of court, it is not for him to decide what is correct or incorrect , it is the courts. Prime Minister Prayut - O is a true leader of a Junta Government, who thinks that they can ride rough shod over anyone and under section 44 he can. coffee1.gif

Edited by chainarong

Since when has the Thai judiciary ever been independent ?

Like when the PTP tried to ram through legislation and the courts ruled against, I might add under extreme duress.

Yes, better to circumvent the courts completely by granting yourself godlike powers through article 44. Yes, clearly much better!!

That's a very shrewd comment and timing from Norawit Lalang.

Another comment directed at the international community., who you can bet are watching everything Mr P says and does very closely. He's really not doing the treason conspirators very many favours at all. The likely time it will take for them to tip him out as a dead loss will be getting shorter - almost by the day.

I can almost hear Prawit rubbing his podgy little hands in glee.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Probablt 1 of the few things this cranky old fool has said that i agree with. Both screams were in monetary terms, enormous black holes.

If investigations are done & independent analysis is allowed to take place this will become crystal clear & totally irrefutable

"Probablt 1 of the few things this cranky old fool has said that i agree with."

+1

I assume you meant 'schemes', If so, subsidy schemes usually are black holes. The problem is that the people in Thailand who don't need the money resent poor people getting any. That's the real problem with making them rich and prominent. And they were all allowed to become rich and prominent by virtue of the 'commissions' they agreed to pay in return. A generalisation, yes, but (i believe) justified. This is the nature of the beast.

Edited by Jon Wetherall