First trip to Thailand queries

so as the title suggests this will be my first time travelling to Thailand and I have a few questions I need to ask and hopefully somebody out there will be able to answer these for me :)

Firstly I am a 23 year old British male and plan on going to Thailand in january for 6months to train in a muay thai camp in Phuket.

1) What kind of visa should I get?

2) How soon should I apply for the visa?

3) What are the chances of me being refused a visa?

if anyone can provide the accurate info for me I would really appreciate it, cheers!

1 Double or triple entry tourist visa,each entry is for 60 days which can be extended by 30 days at immigration in Thailand for 1900 baht you will have to leave Thailand to activate each entry so can not actually stay 6 months straight.

2 As close to the time before you travel as possible as the visa is valid from the day you are granted it.

3 Very unlikely.

Get a tourist visa. Each entry is for 60 days you can also extend at immigration in phuket for 30 days 1900 baht

that gives you upto 90 days in Thailand for each entry.

You will have to leave Thailand when the 90 days

when you come back again you will use the second entry on your tourist visa

double entry tourist visa plus 2 x 30 day extensions will get you 180 days

you could extend your second entry by a final 7 days again 1900 baht if you need a few extra days

You can get a double entry tourist visa by post from the Thai embassy in london each entry is £25 turnaround is within a week

or if you leave near a Thai consulate you could go there

The visa will be valid for 6 months from the day your application is accepted

the expiry is shown on the visa as " Enter before date"

you must use the second entry before the date expires

As long as you fill in the application form correctly you will not be refused a visa

30 mins in Hull for triple entry visa no appointment needed just turn up with passport fill in forms there pay money I think it was £75 hand over forms and passport wait a while they put visa's in passport and your done. Just make sure you use the last visa before the use by date which is stamped on visa itself