No Escape is about Thailand next month

ev1lchris

Has anyone seen this movie?

It stars Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan. They are in a fictional south east Asian country that undergoes a revolution.

The people in the movie often speak Thai and I can understand their asking about that "falang" Owen Wilson that they want to shoot in the street.

The movie is kind of like scare propaganda against SE Asia and most likely Thailand in particular.

I really enjoyed the movie and I like ones like this. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Thai people are upset because the portrayal of the people is totally inaccurate.

I have seen it,it is absolutely rubbish and is set in Cambodia. The most laughable part was the end when they are crossing the river to Vietnam and some bloke with an American accent(Not Vietnamese) shouts out that if the people chasing them shoot then that would be considered an act of war. It was laughable.

There is no Thai spoken in the film. The signage is not in Thai.

"So although the film shows a coup breaking out in a Southeast Asian city,...it never specified the country. We were very careful not to make it Thailand in the movie, so there was no Thai language used'", said Drew. "'None of the signage is Thai and most of the language that the native population is speaking is a combination of Laotian, hill-tribe languages and other languages.'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Escape_(2015_film)#Filming

There is no Thai spoken in the film. The signage is not in Thai.

"So although the film shows a coup breaking out in a Southeast Asian city,...it never specified the country. We were very careful not to make it Thailand in the movie, so there was no Thai language used'", said Drew. "'None of the signage is Thai and most of the language that the native population is speaking is a combination of Laotian, hill-tribe languages and other languages.'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Escape_(2015_film)#Filming

post-62796-0-95550600-1442075408_thumb.j

I heard the police signs on the riot shields use the Khmer language turned upside down.

It was therefore banned in Cambodia......

I don't think they even have theaters in Cambo.

My friend that lives there made it a big point to go see a movie in a theater last time I saw him in Pattaya.