Fiber optic installation

arkom

Is there company that can run fiber optic lines in my house? Basically want to run from front where the line will come in, to a room in the back where I want to place my modem/router. Prefer to hide the wires in the ceiling if possible.

Thought I saw a thread a while ago but can't find it.

House in Laksi, thanks.

If you are getting FTTH then the installers will usually run the line to the room you want.

When I had TOT Fiber installed they spooled and coiled an extra long length of the drop line inside the house for whatever reason. I could unfurl the coil and probably reach the neighbors house if I tried. A bit of a pain really as I have it looped and hanging off a light switch so people don't knock it about when they're cleaning.

Normally the end of the fiber drop line is polished and placed in a smallish box, then a smaller yellow fiber jumper is used to connect directly to a GPON ONT Fiber Optic Router or Optical Media Converter. Drop lines aren't really meant to be used with 'extensions' and usually terminate in an 'active' electronic component to maintain both uplink and downlink connection integrity.

If the line needs to be extended, it's usually fused to another length of fiber optic line. Passive non-fused connections are probably just too unpredictable.

Edited by RichCor

Yes getting FTTH, I have 3BB now and they did something similar, they just drilled a hole in the front and ran the line exposed.

This time prefer it to be pre-wired where they can just connect the line to a junction box from outside if that is even possible.

Edited by arkom

When I had TOT Fiber installed they spooled and coiled an extra long length of the drop line inside the house for whatever reason.

They're service loops and standard practice to allow for repair or extending. Ideally should be in a box like this.

cent%20splice%20fssc288r.jpg

I wonder...

maybe you could pre-install some conduit in the ceiling with large "diameter sweeping bends" (no tight bends allowed with fiber optic) that start from expected entry point at the front of the house and ran all the way to the room where you want the line to terminate. The conduit should also have a coupe sets of 'pull strings' in place to assist the Fiber installer.

Make it easy for them.