If You Could Buy Any Pickup Right Now What Would It Be?

FruitPudding

You can comfortably figure that a diesel will be 30 percent more efficient than gasoline and need less maintenance.

Agreed, plus a diesel will have more grunt..

Oh dear oil burner brigade out in force. Who told you that, VW, you think Joe Public is taking notice of manufactures bolli* now, they've been feeding us bs for years. I for one hope the Yanks sue their butts off.

Unless you are doing zillions of KMs a year here, it's not an issue, Thailand pump prices are low, even crusty old farts out in Ubon nowhere can fill their tanks up.

The question was asked and answered. What are the advantages of a gasoline engine? None as far as I can see, other than maybe being a little quieter. Besides a diesel being much more efficient, they have come a long ways as far as emissions and they last much longer. Gasoline or diesel for that matter won't always be as cheap as they are now.

Why do you think diesel vehicles have a much higher resale value?

Edited by Gary A

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought this was about which truck - it has side tracked into a diesel/petrol p*&*ing contest.

the Ranger gets all the ticks lately, my brother has one for 4 years now - bullet proof, drove a 2.2 wildtrack TD and was exceptionally impressive

will be buying the 3.2 4x4 in new year

i thought this was about which truck - it has side tracked into a diesel/petrol p*&*ing contest.

the Ranger gets all the ticks lately, my brother has one for 4 years now - bullet proof, drove a 2.2 wildtrack TD and was exceptionally impressive

Is a 4 year old Ranger the same as the latest offering...?

Pointing out the differences between petrol and diesel stuff is what this forum is about, open eyes, learn something...

my apologies i was simply running off what the title of the thread said (oh look i am a poet and didn't know it…)

no the 4 y/o ranger will have stone chips, heaps of k's and cuz its my brothers there will be a ton of empty beer cans in the back so the new one would be clean

Pointing out the differences between petrol and diesel stuff is what this forum is about, open eyes, learn something...

my apologies i was simply running off what the title of the thread said (oh look i am a poet and didn't know it…)

no the 4 y/o ranger will have stone chips, heaps of k's and cuz its my brothers there will be a ton of empty beer cans in the back so the new one would be clean

But does it have the 5 pot....?

no 2.5L TD 4 pot

hello, I just would like to know

What about Chevrolet? looks like many in this forum consider this brand a very bad choice in Thailand, but I did not understand why.

the Colorado looks like a nice truck

I own a Chevy Colorado for about 5 years, never had a problem, Change of oi, tires and a battery only maintenance

Solid reliable comfortable ride.

Work dictates that I stay away from Thailand for the Next three years , and we sold it ​ a few months agosad.pngsad.png, ,still worked, ride and looked like new

As soon as I come back to Thailand I will be buying an other one,

Truck Fuel 26.79, Car Fuel 20.3.gigglem.gif

You're paying too much for diesel and not many cars can run on E85. tongue.png

. What new Cars can't use E85.?.Ive used it for 3 years,me that was yesterday's price for good Diesel.Who would buy a new Car these days that's not E85.

Depends....

The current shape with the 2.2L and 3.2L engines was released in late 2011, so it could be a "new" one. Or it could be an old rebadged Mazda with the 2.5L or 3.0L

. What new Cars can't use E85.?.Ive used it for 3 years,me that was yesterday's price for good Diesel.Who would buy a new Car these days that's not E85.

Are you possibly confusing E20 with E85? My car can use E20 but not E85. What kind of car do you have that can use E85?

Maybe you can educate me and tell me which new cars can use E85. I must be way behind on new cars.

Edited by Gary A

Are you possibly confusing E20 with E85? My car can use E20 but not E85. What kind of car do you have that can use E85?

Maybe you can educate me and tell me which new cars can use E85. I must be way behind on new cars.

You are, and So am i these Days.gigglem.gif

The truth of the matter s that in this very competitive market, all the Pick up trucks offered are of pretty good quality, some are better at this but worst at that, others are better at that but worst at this.and that all changes from year model to year model

So what is important to you? Price, resale price, looks gas milage etc

I had a Chevy Colorado and happy with it, I am sure I would had being just as happy with a Toyota or a Mitsubishi or .... My advise is go to the different dealers, drive the different pickup trucks, find the one that caches your fancy for x , Y or z reason, in your budget, make your best deal, and I am sure you will be fine.

Good Luck, smile.png

Here's an very well written comparison of top-spec 4-door pickups - and the first of it's kind featuring the latest 2015 models from each brand:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/388419/ute-comparison-ford-ranger-v-holden-colorado-v-isuzu-d-max-v-mazda-bt-50-v-mitsubishi-triton-v-nissan-navara-v-toyota-hilux-v-volkswagen-amarok-2/

For those too lazy to even skip to the end, the finishing order looks like this:

1. Ford Ranger (169 points)

2. Volkswagen Amarok (156 points)

3. Mazda BT-50 (130 points)

4. Nissan Navara NP300 (111 points)

5. Toyota Hilux Revo (100 points)

6. Isuzu D-Max (80 points)

7. Mitsubishi Triton (77 points)

8. Chev Colorado (41 points)

I stand by my original reply tongue.png

Ford F150, but because it's not available in TH, it would have to be the Ranger Wildtrak.

Edited by IMHO

Here's an very well written comparison of top-spec 4-door pickups - and the first of it's kind featuring the latest 2015 models from each brand:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/388419/ute-comparison-ford-ranger-v-holden-colorado-v-isuzu-d-max-v-mazda-bt-50-v-mitsubishi-triton-v-nissan-navara-v-toyota-hilux-v-volkswagen-amarok-2/

For those too lazy to even skip to the end, the finishing order looks like this:

Ford F150, but because it's not available in TH, it would have to be the Ranger Wildtrak.

Who wrote the comparisons...........?.........tongue.png

Hehe, well I know the 5th place for the Revo will come as a shock to you - but not if you've driven them all... :P

As I said back when I first encountered it: they should have called it Evo(lution) - it's only incrementally better than it's outgoing model, and seriously, the only point on which I'd rate it better than even the 2011 Ranger is the infotainment system.

The 2015 Ranger is practically in a different class.

And here's another one, this time for motoring.com.au:

http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/2015/commercial/ford/ranger/4wd-dual-cab-ute-2015-comparison-54395

Same end result, with the Ranger walking away with a clear win.

I would LOVE to read a Jap guys (engineer) conclusion........smile.png

Because they might have a bit more brand/country loyalty/bias? :)

The Colorado is the last one

Obviously.

I'm surprised the Revo is so low, especially as they started from scratch after putting more than 3 years into designing a replacement for the Prerunner after the PX Ranger came out in 2011.

Not surprised the Ranger is king - easily realised if you take a selection of these out for a test drive as I said earlier in the thread.

The Colorado is the last one

Obviously.

I'm surprised the Revo is so low, especially as they started from scratch after putting more than 3 years into designing a replacement for the Prerunner after the PX Ranger came out in 2011.

Not surprised the Ranger is king - easily realised if you take a selection of these out for a test drive as I said earlier in the thread.

Yeah, it is a little surprising given the not-so-insignificant act of clean-slating around 3 years worth of design work.. While that was never attributed to the Ranger, it's pretty clear that's the pickup they saw that raised the bar so much, the only way forward was to start over. And some people like to fantasise, and Toyota execs like to boast, that Toyota don't fear Ford - 555 :P

That said, the 2nd review I linked ranks it a little better - assuming their last page ranks them worst-best...

1. Ford Ranger

2. Volkswagen Amarok

3. Toyota Hilux

4. Mazda BT-50

5. Nissan Navara NP300

6. Mitsubishi Triton

7. Chev Colorado

8. Isuzu D-Max

Maybe it doesn't though - in reading their actual review, you'd imagine their end ranking would put the BT-50 in front of the Revo.

I watched a program where an American company was employed to design rides for Toyota for the American market. Seems the Japs knew they must trust design folk in the USA to create their market from an American point of view.

What's interesting about what you say here is that back in 2011, Toyota scrapped around 3 years worth of development work in the Vigo replacement, and headquarted their new ground-up redesign in Australia. For one reason or another, they decided an Aussie dev team was their best option for attempt #2.

I seriously doubt that hideous dash design was the work of a Westerner though tongue.png If I had to guess, I'd say they poached someone from Honda for that one - not too many other companies I can think of that make worse interiors :D

Edited by IMHO

I watched a program where an American company was employed to design rides for Toyota for the American market. Seems the Japs knew they must trust design folk in the USA to create their market from an American point of view.

To me, talking about LOS now, Toyota have put machines on the market where 'perhaps' servicing is a bit....Sparse, naff...with their indigenous customer, forget us 'perfect farangs'..whistling.gif

I doubt it would take too much effort to ruin the ride of a Toyota for the American market. It would require a lot more effort improving an American car for the European market.

From Australia....not Thai vehicles.

Just a group of guys saying they like this or that.

Not much of a great comparison. I kinda think of this survey as a TV one. Lol