Prayut off to the UN 'so world knows him better'

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression (and I could be wrong) that he and all members of the Junta were banned from the US and EU? If so, he can't even get a visa to get into the US, so how the hell will he address the assembly?

I believe that being banned from the USA does not preclude you from going to the UN.

Prayuth will explain the King's Sufficiency Economy Philosophy.

It's a bit sad that he could not find anything more up-to-date and worthwhile to talk about than this concept conceived in the '70s. I mean to say: it sure is a great concept which is still valid, but in 40 odd years did nobody in Thailand come up with anything they can be equally proud of? Anything???

Perhaps this would help. The original 1933 “national self-sufficiency” lecture by john maynard keynes: Its political economic context and purpose

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/S0743-4154%282014%2900031B001

Edited by lostoday

I was under the impression (and I could be wrong) that he and all members of the Junta were banned from the US and EU? If so, he can't even get a visa to get into the US, so how the hell will he address the assembly?

As I recall, the USA will issue a visa for the purpose of going to the UN only - under a special arrangement. They don't like it much though. Might be wrong but that's my recollection. Personally I'd be delighted to see him refused entry.

"The prime minister will also focus on sustainable development, leaving no country behind," Werachon said.

the way Thailand is going they better hope that the world likes this idea

Intellectual giant that he is.

It's not like he's talking to a room full of bright people; it is the UN after all. If he keeps his shoes on he is ahead of some people.biggrin.png

post-232807-0-61431600-1442226907_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

"This year, the UN General Assembly will be held under the theme of "The United Nations at 70: the road ahead for peace, security and human rights."

I guess he will be in total oblivion on that one - I hope someone will ask him how the cases about B2, fish slavery, Thai aviation ban are going and see him blush up to his ears, talk about loosing face in UN gigglem.gif

"This year, the UN General Assembly will be held under the theme of "The United Nations at 70: the road ahead for peace, security and human rights."

I guess he will be in total oblivion on that one - I hope someone will ask him how the cases about B2, fish slavery, Thai aviation ban are going and see him blush up to his ears, talk about loosing face in UN gigglem.gif

What do you think he is there to face a tribunal of some kind?blink.png