Prayut will need to explain two issues at UN, Surapong says

webfact

Prayut will need to explain two issues at UN, Surapong says
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE international community may want to listen to Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha explaining the country's situation, especially progress in the reinstatement of democracy and holding an election, former foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Monday.

Surapong said PM Prayut could be challenged with questions about these matters from foreign countries in the United Nations General Assembly at the end of this month.

The prime minister could choose not to respond to those questions but it would be beneficial for the government and the country to explain the situation to them, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-will-need-to-explain-two-issues-at-UN-Surap-30268760.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-14

They have to learn first how to ask only 'helpful' questions, to stop opposing him because Thailand is in an 'extraordinary' position, and to avoid flying banana skins and podiums, lest they be 'executed'.

Did I miss any other of the PM's directions for how to ask the right questions?

The talk in the halls will be filtered through whatever translator they bring and Mr. Man will leave thinking he's a big hero.

None of what happens there will matter anyway. When they come back they will tell the press what to say and the locals will eat it up.

The PM may also want to explain why when still General he did not accept the musing of the then caretaker Minister of Foreign Affairs he suggested the military declare Martial Law so the caretaker government of Thaksin could hold an election.

Maybe the former MoFA simply forgot that the UN doesn''t like elections while Martial Law is declared.

The PM may also want to explain why when still General he did not accept the musing of the then caretaker Minister of Foreign Affairs he suggested the military declare Martial Law so the caretaker government of Thaksin could hold an election.

Maybe the former MoFA simply forgot that the UN doesn''t like elections while Martial Law is declared.

They may not like elections under martial law, but I rather suspect they would have preferred them to a coup, junta government and appointed puppet parliament, don't you?

Especially when you add in section 44 and "attitude adjustment".

Edited by JAG

The last time the thai pm was there u think , it was when i saw ying luck speak. It was a Saturday night like at around 8 pm. Hardly anyone was in the room, it was sad. I doubt he'll get any better schedule. And he can't even pretend to speak English

Edited by taony

They may not like elections under martial law, but I rather suspect they would have preferred them to a coup, junta government and appointed puppet parliament, don't you?

You mean the UN might dwell away from it's holy books? Be actually pragmatic?

The last time the thai pm was there u think , it was when i saw ying luck speak. It was a Saturday night like at around 8 pm. Hardly anyone was in the room, it was sad. I doubt he'll get any better schedule. And he can't even pretend to speak English

Being a real time translator is a very nicely paid job I heard.

BTW there is no need for a PM to speak English. I fear lots of diplomats rather trust their translator than be annoyed with the commendable tries of non-native speakers.

That's the beauty of Thainess. Hold an election - get a puppet government run by one man who wasn't elected because he can't stand as he's a convicted crook. Hold a coup - get a puppet government run by one man who doesn't need to bother with the election.

Same same but different. Either way a puppet government run by one man.

Start with performing that song he wrote, maybe with the Thai army dancers doing their thing in the background, that would get the UNs attention.

Could hand out loads of those hand and feet clappers and tell everyone to join in on command.

Happy UN, happy Thailand.

Prayut will have to explain two issues at UN, Surapong says
PRAPAN JINDALERTUDOMDEE
THE NATION

30268815-01_big.jpg
Surapong

BANGKOK: -- THE international community may want to listen to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha explaining the country's situation, especially progress in the reinstatement of democracy and holding an election, former foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said yesterday.

Surapong said PM Prayut could be challenged with questions about these matters from foreign countries in the United Nations General Assembly at the end of this month.

The PM could choose not to respond to those questions but it would be beneficial for the government and the country to explain the situation to them, he said. People at such international forums would like to hear explanations in regard to human rights violations, human trafficking, and child labour, Surapong said.

Surapong believed that by inviting the country to participate in the event the United Nations still sees its importance in the international arena. So, he urged the premier to make the most out of this event for the country.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-will-have-to-explain-two-issues-at-UN-Surap-30268815.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-15

Start with performing that song he wrote, maybe with the Thai army dancers doing their thing in the background, that would get the UNs attention.

Could hand out loads of those hand and feet clappers and tell everyone to join in on command.

Happy UN, happy Thailand.

Wonder if he'll produce his glove puppet ?

Sometimes people only learn from making their own mistakes !!! In the case of Obama and the US government , some people never learn despite the enormity of their mistakes .

Writing and rewriting the Thai charter does give the impression of impending democratic elections . The failure of the charter can be blamed on other people , while putting off for a lengthy period the risk of holding a general election . The military junta still has much work to do to reform Thailand , to brainwash Thais of any thought of Thaksin , to imprison too vocal opposition MPs for lese majeste , if necessary , invoking section 44 .

"Chanocha explaining the country's situation, especially progress in the reinstatement of democracy and holding an election" Progress in "reinstatement" of democracy you say? Interesting comment as it says that democracy has been done away with and they're reinstating it - we all know they have no intention of doing so but if one didn't realize that it would lead toi the question "why did you do away with democracy in the first place"? I don't thin he will get stick, I think he'll get blanked/ignored. Having saif that, so what? The UN is scum and far more corrupt than any Thai government has ever been

Forget the explaining part. The PM should keep a close eye on things at home when he is attending the UN meetings in New York. You know, like Thaksin forgot to do.

And Joe Public should keep a close eye on the number of suitcases the good General takes with him to the US of A. I believe the other fella had quite a lot of luggage with him when he headed off to have his chat at the UN, but maybe he had an idea something could happen while he was out of the country.