Honda Click alternative

gezginrocker

When renting I would go with the Yamaha Nouvo powerful enough, economical and feel soild on the road. When in Samui many moons ago I tried a click and a Nouvo on the same weekend (owned a trusty Honda Dream at the time), was so impressed with the Yamaha went out and bought a Nouvo 1st generation when I returned home, and upgraded to the new SX when it came out, I always look for the Nouvo's to rent when holidaying,

What is wrong with the Click? At least the new models are excellent.

Since I'm living in different places, I'm driving a Nouvo as well. The Click's chassis give me a far better control.

I tried the PCX. It's too wide in my opinion.

Excuse me sir, are you indicating the Click (with 14" wheels, single rear strut, non-reinforced frame)

provides better control than Nouvo, with 16" wheels, dual struts, and

reinforced frame?

The PCX 150cc is a great bike but is going to cost more than a little extra .i.e,a monthly deal is typically B4000 versus as little as B2,500 for the Click .As the OP was complaining about the fuel costs for an Airblade he must be on an extremely tight budget .P.S,The price of petrol has come down a lot in the past year .Now around B25 a liter.

Yep that's right, I'm on a tight budget. I was paying 3000b for monthly rental of a Click or an Airblade. The thing is, filling the gas tank of Click costs about 100 baht and it goes about a week for my usage. On the other hand, filling the tank of Airblade costs about 150 baht, and it was finished in almost 2-3 days. So I had to fill it completely twice during 1 week. 300b vs 100b.

Just make a Google search for "airblade thirsty", and many Thavisa topics come by. So I think I'm not the only one who thinks it's a thirsty bike.

Good God

if you are bitching over 200 baht a week, better you start walking or don't come to Thailand

First off....Papa al is absolutely correct. The handling of a Click 125 is absolutely terrible compared to a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance or Nouvo SX, But let me go one step further.

Although the Honda PCX 150 is an excellent bike, in my opinion a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 is absolutely the finest all around motorbike for the Pattaya area, and to even compare a Honda Click 125 to it is like comparing a cheap $20.00 pair of running shoes to a top of the line American made New Balance running shoe that costs $150.00.

I have the road tests, the stats, and the in depth analysis to back up what I am saying here. First off, the Yamaha Elegance 135 is fast--significantly faster than the Nouvo 125 SX that replaced it. Second, on the highway it will get fuel consumption that is equal to what the lower performance fuel injected 125 Nouvo SX will get. And provided one backs off the throttle and drives it the same way one would a 125 Nouvo SX it will almost equal it in city fuel economy. The Honda Click 125 is virtually as fast as the 135 Elegance but at higher speeds it's downright scary in comparison.

Want to talk handling now? I have one size larger Pirelli tires on my 135 Elegance now whereas I used to have one size larger Michelins. The feel of driving this setup in the type of driving one does almost all the time in this area is absolutely exquisite. These Pirellis are low profile and this a little harsher ride than I was getting with the Michelin Pilots but the feel from the handlebars is very light and precise. THis is a very quick handling and extremely responsive bike.

There is virtually zero maintenance to this bike. I have two friends who have over 40,000 kilometers on their Nouvo's and they haven't even touched the belts in their automatics. Mine is now 7 years old. This bike has never failed me. Everything is placed logically on this bike and all works correctly. For example the turn indicators. The seat still latches as nicely as it did when the bike was new, unlike two almost brand new Honda Click 125's I rented. I also have a Yamaha SR400, which is a gorgeous motorcycle, but it's got a lot of chrome on it and in this humid climate one must keep after all that chrome to avoid the formation of rust. But with this Elegance there is very little on it that can go sour.

Lastly..it's got a kickstarter along with electric start so when the battery goes bad you can still drive the bike to where you will get the battery replaced. It has good storage under the seat, which most motorcycles and many scooters don't have and a good assortment of anchor points for bungee cords which are useful for carting home all kinds of stuff that you cannot begin to deal with if you are driving a PCX. It offers extreme reliability, versatility and design that requires very little care along with unbeatable handling for the kind of day to day driving most of us encounter with more than ample power to get the job done for what we need a motorbike for.

Some of you lot never cease to amaze me.Here is a lad ,clearly skint but with enough get up and go to enjoy his travelling lifestyle

He asks for a bit of advise and ok gets a little but too many of you(sat on your fat <deleted> with your big pensions) want to try and ridicule him for not having the money that you have.

Pathetic,take a look in the mirror ,I promise you it will not be a pretty sight.

Bunch of pricks.

Yamaha Nouvo sounds like it has many adoring fans, however it is not listed on the Yamaha website as being a current model. I could only find it on one of their pages of obsolete motorbikes: LINK

But they are showing a new model, the GT125, that appears to be very much like the Honda Click: LINK

post-41898-0-27950400-1443964893_thumb.j

Some of you lot never cease to amaze me.Here is a lad ,clearly skint but with enough get up and go to enjoy his travelling lifestyle

He asks for a bit of advise and ok gets a little but too many of you(sat on your fat <deleted> with your big pensions) want to try and ridicule him for not having the money that you have.

Pathetic,take a look in the mirror ,I promise you it will not be a pretty sight.

Bunch of pricks.

Good advice.

papa avoids looking in the mirror.

make the girls wear a blindfold during coitus usually

Yamaha Nouvo sounds like it has many adoring fans, however it is not listed on the Yamaha website as being a current model. I could only find it on one of their pages of obsolete motorbikes: LINK

But they are showing a new model, the GT125, that appears to be very much like the Honda Click: LINK

attachicon.gif_8.jpg

plenty available at dealers

attachicon.gif_8.jpg

But is this the real pricetag? In that case considerably cheaper than the Click!

550-01%284%29.jpg

bracenouvomx2.jpgThis is why Yamaha Nouvo Elegances, Nouvo SX's, Honda Airblades, Honda PCX's or even a Honda Wave or Yamaha Spark is infinitely superior to this new floorboarded Yamaha scooter or this luscious apple in so many eyes and main topic here, the Honda Click not to mention Yamaha Finos, Filanos, Honda Scoopy's and so on ad nauseum. Or for that matter even a 1969 Honda Super Cub. Just use your common sense. Note the picture above. What's better, the now nearly ancient Yamaha Nouvo MX or all these floor board model scooters many of you constantly rave about? Which design offers more stability in handling and precise steering? It amazes me how companies such as Honda and Yamaha can resurrect an old obsolete design dating to prior 1968, repackage it and sell millions of these dinosaurs to millions of people worldwide who just haven't got a clue.

And if you don't get it after analyzing this picture read this Wikipedia article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbone Especially note under the Heading, "Design" paragraph 4 which notes the great superiority of "underbones" to scooters in handling and braking.

Edited by jackcorbett

bracenouvomx2.jpgThis is why Yamaha Nouvo Elegances, Nouvo SX's, Honda Airblades, Honda PCX's or even a Honda Wave or Yamaha Spark is infinitely superior to this new floorboarded Yamaha scooter or this luscious apple in so many eyes and main topic here, the Honda Click not to mention Yamaha Finos, Filanos, Honda Scoopy's and so on ad nauseum. Or for that matter even a 1969 Honda Super Cub. Just use your common sense. Note the picture above. What's better, the now nearly ancient Yamaha Nouvo MX or all these floor board model scooters many of you constantly rave about? Which design offers more stability in handling and precise steering? It amazes me how companies such as Honda and Yamaha can resurrect an old obsolete design dating to prior 1968, repackage it and sell millions of these dinosaurs to millions of people worldwide who just haven't got a clue.

And if you don't get it after analyzing this picture read this Wikipedia article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbone Especially note under the Heading, "Design" paragraph 4 which notes the great superiority of "underbones" to scooters in handling and braking.

Jack thanks for the entertaining article.

luscious apple

Rave

Dinosaur

Colorful language, indeed.

If one can't understand after viewing that photo....

Don't you have a Fino, or Filagro, or Felatio or one those 'F.....' things?

Heck, they are all dangerous.

I know of a guy who wrecked a CBR250.

papa stopped by Vespa yesterday.

They have one model offered at B539,000.

Silver or blue.

Are those any good?

Papa Al---I bought my girlfriend a Yamaha Filano, which is a great bike for what it is (not much). I almost told her, "You can have a selection of just one bike...the Yamaha Nouvo 125 SX in whatever color you want," but after considering that 1. She's deathly afraid of motorbikes and 2. That therefore she'd probably never end up driving whatever bike she has more than 2 km from home, it wouldn't make much difference if the bike was roadworthy or not because even a pedal bike would do. Upon taking delivery of the new bike I noticed that the handling was much worse than even I suspected and that it bottomed out on any speed bump regardless of size. Well it turned out that Mityan had done the setup of the bike too quickly and never put air in the tires. They looked okay but were running only about 3 pounds of pressure or so. Putting air in the tires almost solved the handling and speed bump problems, but there were still two speed bumps we would oftentimes encounter which we'd bottom out on (but only if I drove two up) even if I drove the bike 2 miles an hour across them.

To be fair, the Filano is a decent scooter for what it is. It starts and runs well. It has ample storage under the seat, which is something the Fino never had. It is nicely finished and such controls as the horn and turn indicators are well placed (this is not true with the Honda Click. Altogether it's a more nicely put together machine than a Honda Click, two of which I rented (both practically brand new). I had problems with latching the seats of both Honda Clicks and had to resort to using bailing wire to get them to latch correctly. Once in awhile my girlfriend must drive my Nouvo Elegance and when she does she comments "It is very fast." She means both its acceleration and handling. Nevertheless, it's a very appealing little scooter and works out just fine for driving together down to the gym to work out. Its main problem is it cost only 8000 baht or so less than a Yamaha Nouvo SX would have cost me and it's only half the bike the Nouvo SX is. Trouble is it's got a floorboard and small wheels which makes it perfect for attracting those who don't know better.

I like hearing about these relationships "I bought my girlfriend a Yamaha Filano, which is a great bike for what it is (not much). I told her, "You can have a selection of just one bike...the Yamaha Nouvo 125 SX in whatever color you want," biggrin.png

Bottoming out seems to be another problem with scooters, asking the passenger to get off while we go over a speed bump...never done that before on the Wave. Going up a 2ft high curb, yes.

This is another problem with the PCX too, a mate had one and with the wife on the back the suspension would constantly bottom out. It's odd really because they build a lot of these bikes for 2 people, or 5 Thais (same weight), but then they build the Honda Wave for 1 tonne of bananas and an entire family...or one fat farang.

^^I didn't ask because I went ahead and bought one today during the promotion and got a new black Yamaha GT125 with matching Yamaha helmet and all else for 43,000 baht out the door.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151006_094320.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151006_094341.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151006_094358.jpg

Looks exactly like my Honda click Racer 125...

Purchased for 48K BHT in Phuket new last year...

As for the op not Happy with the post on here??

My intent was not too bash his income or homeland

Just telling the truth

that I've never heard anybody not able too afford gas for a motorbike Rental in Thailand

Thats all..Lighten up Francis...LOL