Police: More probes needed to charge Bangkok bomb suspects with terrorism

webfact

Police: More probes needed to charge bomb suspects with terrorism

BANGKOK, 15 September 2015 (NNT) – Police are deepening their investigation into last month’s bombings in Bangkok, with a view to concluding whether terrorism charges can be given to those responsible.

Metropolitan Police Chief Pol Lt Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul chaired a meeting of the investigative team to follow up on the case surrounding the August 17th explosions at Ratchaprasong intersection and Sathorn Pier. He revealed that, based on evidence collected so far, the two incidents do not yet fit the bill as terrorist attacks.

Nonetheless, authorities are trying to confirm whether the items seized from suspects could be considered war weapons. If so, they would not hesitate to charge the wrongdoers with terrorism.

Concerning the recent arrest of three female suspects at an apartment in the Din Daeng area, Pol Lt Gen Srivara said the interrogation process has yet to be completed. According to him, the questioning is expected to take another 1-2 days, after which legal proceedings will be conducted should they be found to have any roles in the explosions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-15 footer_n.gif

In many countries the authorities are only too happy to put terrorism into the equation as it helps their presentation of the situation, can add extra powers and penalties but it seems here officialdom will do almost anything to avoid using the word.

Are they really so paranoid about affecting tourist revenue ?

If, for any reason, they decide it's not terrorism I wonder what weird and wonderful motive they will produce or will it be the usual list of ' or's ' ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Have they actually caught the bomber though? They have been tossing out headlines for 2 plus weeks, lost in all of that is the bomber ... they don't have the person(s) right!?.

RTP Obfuscation tactic 2.0: If you can't catch them, put out so many headlines, PR new releases, that it seems like you have or just confuses the heck out of everyone in a blizzard of media blather.

I don't know how to link from the app on my phone but al jazeera is reporting that two Malaysians and a Pakastani national have been arrested in Malaysia in connection with the bombing .

Edited by taony

I don't know how to link from the app on my phone but al jazeera is reporting that two Malaysians and a Pakastani national have been arrested in Malaysia in connection with the bombing .

Yes, BBC covered this too saying it was as a result of a ' tip ' from the Thai authorities.

Just where is it all going but so far, at least, thankfully it's not terrorism despite all the foreigners supposedly involved.

Edited by NongKhaiKid