Tourist double/triple entry - how & where?

I am a French national looking to obtain a Thai double or triple entry tourist visa for myself and my 10 months old baby. I have read on this website a while back that Thailand plans on relaxing the obtention of 'long term' tourist visas, but is that true/already in effect?

What is the current (2nd half of 2015) situation and where do you recommend I go for best chances of obtaining?

(I should mention that I already have one 2 entry tourist visa from 2013 and one 1 year non-B from 2014 in my passport, now in Thailand on 30 days exemption expiring Oct 10)

Thanks a lot for your information.

Kind regards,

Sarah

You should have no problem getting a double entry from most embassies/consulates. Triple are less available locally to Thailand but may be available in France.

A 6 month tourist visa is in the pipeline, but I don't think it's available anywhere yet.

You should have no problem getting a double entry from most embassies/consulates. Triple are less available locally to Thailand but may be available in France.

A 6 month tourist visa is in the pipeline, but I don't think it's available anywhere yet.

Sorry Elvi but Thai Embassy in France only delivers single and you have to provide a return flight ticket and show 1000 euros.

• Like 1

Sorry Elvi but Thai Embassy in France only delivers single and you have to provide a return flight ticket and show 1000 euros.

Good to know thumbsup.gif

As I have just posted on a similar subject. I have been coming to T'land for many years. I come for four months and have always had a 2 month double entry visa. Then 3 years ago, whether embassy or the consulates......only 1 two month, no more doubles.At the same time, I MUST show that I have 2,000 euros in the bank, even if it's for a 2 month visa. I must show my plane ticket, my bank statement, (no letters from the bank and no internet printed copies). Last time for once I only came for 2 months and I only had to show 1,000 euros in the bank.

I will be going again in a few weeks for the next trip. So I do have a bit of experience.

Edited by Gillyflower

As I have just posted on a similar subject. I have been coming to T'land for many years. I come for four months and have always had a 2 month double entry visa. Then 3 years ago, whether embassy or the consulates......only 1 two month, no more doubles.At the same time, I MUST show that I have 2,000 euros in the bank, even if it's for a 2 month visa. I must show my plane ticket, my bank statement, (no letters from the bank and no internet printed copies). Last time for once I only came for 2 months and I only had to show 1,000 euros in the bank.

I will be going again in a few weeks for the next trip. So I do have a bit of experience.

France is known for being "difficult".

If you wish to stay longer than allowed by a single entry visa then another single/double entry visa can be easily obtained from Vientiane, Laos.

Edited by oncearugge

Hi everyone and thanks so much for taking time to get back to me. I forgot to say I'm already in Thailand and looking for an option/consulate nearby such as Cambodia, Laos or similar. Not going back to France.

Thanks to anyone who has had recent experiences in Vientiane or Phnom Penh.

Regards,

Sarah

It was fairly obvious from the OP that she was in Thailand.

oncearugge.......It's not France that is difficult, it's the Thai Embassy. Some months ago there was an Op on some similar subject and I think it was ubonjoe who said that the Embassies were allowed to interpret the laws as they wished. Why they are meaner here I would not know. Anyway, it gives me the trey bits. I have been going to Penang for my second visa for all these 16 years and as I have friends will continue to do so I suppose.

I don't know for triple entry, but double entry shouldn't be a problem.

I ordered my double entry by mail service at the Lyon consulate (registred post)

Was quite fast, sent my passport on monday, got it back friday.

Not sure for your baby, but I don't think it should be an issue.
For the required papers, just call them to be sure everything is going to be ok.

I got my double entry 3 years ago and regulations have probably changed since then

Again thanks so much everyone who responded.

Apparently the options are:

- 3 entry tourist visa possible in Bali (Denpasar)

- 2 entry tourist visa easy in Vientiane, Laos

- 1 entry tourist visa possible in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Now I just have to see what's easiest/cheapest etc. for me and baby!

Considering I'm near the Cambodian border I think I'll use and agent and go the PP channel...and hopefully in 3 months from now they will have implemented that 6 months tourist visa! One can dream! ;)

I'll post a new thread once I've done it to let you know.

Thanks again and have a good night.

Sarah