Non-B Visa and Work Permit Problem/Question

Good Day!

I have some questions regarding my visa and work permit.

So, here is the case, I went to Laos to get my Non-B Visa.

After acquiring my Non-B Visa, the HR of my company proceeded to do the procedures needed to get the work permit.

Few weeks had passed, the HR informed me that the Work Permit Application was not approved.

Hence I was not able to get my work permit.

I know that the labor had already issued wp3 form stating that I am applying for work permit. That’s why I was able to get a Non-B.

But then my Work Permit application has been denied.

Currently, I am holding a Non-B Visa with no work permit. It’s been almost 2 months now.(is that a problem?)

So for my real question, my management decided to transfer me into a different company, which is a sister-company of my current company.

Yet, I still have a Non-B Visa, does that mean that my new company can just use the existing Non-B Visa to apply for work permit?

Or I have to apply for a new Non-B Visa? If yes, would it be possible to apply for a new Non-B Visa while I have an existing Non-B Visa that did not get a work permit?

Thanks!

Most employers in Thailand, including schools have no idea how to help an applicant, whether it be for the Non B application, or the Work Permit. They do not know what paperwork and procedures are necessary for a foreigner to live and work here.

I have worked with more than 6 employers, only 2 of the six knew the documentation required and proceeded to submit it on my behalf, for both Non B and W.P.

If you are working you are doing so illegally and that could indeed be a problem!

What was the stated reason for refusing to issue the Work Permit ?

The HR was not able to submit some documents related with the ownership of the company (which the half is owned by a company in Austria)

They can apply for the work permit with your current non-b visa.

So, there will be no problem using the existing Non-B Visa? Because I checked my passport, the name of the company is handwritten above the Non-B Visa in my passport. (I think the consulate wrote it when I applied for my Non-B VIsa with the documents of my current company)

• Like 1

That may be true.

However the OP says his first WP application failed.

I might be very helpful to understand why that failure occurred prior to making another application.

It was because, the HR forgot to submit some documents. Which can be obtained in a few weeks. However, me, transferring into another company was unexpected.

The HR asked me to wait until the end of the month and she'll apply for the work permit again, After applying for the work permit, I will just apply for the change of employer.

But then I highly doubt that it will work. I kinda don't trust the capability of the HR anymore. So, I came here on what to do next if ever my WP gets denied again.

That may be true.

I might be very helpful to understand why that failure occurred prior to making another application.

It was because, the HR forgot to submit some documents. Which can be obtained in a few weeks. However, me, transferring into another company was unexpected.

The HR asked me to wait until the end of the month and she'll apply for the work permit again, After applying for the work permit, I will just apply for the change of employer.

But then I highly doubt that it will work. I kinda don't trust the capability of the HR anymore. So, I came here on what to do next if ever my WP gets denied again.

Your HR Department certainly don't seem to know what they are doing.

Maybe they are giving you the run around, if you are currently working this breaks Thai Law and you are liable to arrest, detention, court fine and deportation; however your employer just risks a fine.

Work Permits cannot be transferred (on change of employer), you must apply again.

You also need to check with your local labour department as to whether they will accept the non 'b' for a new employer, as the old employer's name is written above your visa sticker.

That may be true.

Your HR Department certainly don't seem to know what they are doing.

Maybe they are giving you the run around, if you are currently working this breaks Thai Law and you are liable to arrest, detention, court fine and deportation; however your employer just risks a fine.

Work Permits cannot be transferred (on change of employer), you must apply again.

You also need to check with your local labour department as to whether they will accept the non 'b' for a new employer, as the old employer's name is written above your visa sticker.

Alright, I think the best way to know is ask directly with our local labor department then.

Thanks! you guys are very helpful!