NRC member donates Bt1.7m remuneration

webfact

NRC member donates Bt1.7m remuneration
Chakawal Samlaetoo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A former member of the National Reform Council, Sira Janejaka, Tuesday gave away in charity the Bt1.7 million remuneration he had received as a member of the NRC.

He donated the money he had received to 19 different foundations, including The King Rama II Phra Borom Racha Nusorn Foundation and the Department of Juvenile Observation and Protection.

Sira said he was disappointed that the draft charter, which he viewed as good and beneficial for the public, had been voted down by the NRC. Hence, he believed he should not receive the money from the people [the Thai taxpayers] either, adding he gave the money away to charity so that everyone could share the merit obtained.

"I'm not trying to get into trouble or to pressure other NRC members. But the money is from the taxpayers, which I received when I was working in the reform council, " he said.

Regarding the move by some NRC members to seek seats on the reform-steering council, Sira said the NRC had been dissolved, and its members should cease to have roles and leave the decision to the powers that be. Sira said he was ready to take up any posts given by the authorities.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/NRC-member-donates-Bt1-7m-remuneration-30268846.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-15

1.7 billion baht eh for sitting in a cushy job

Thailand - the never ending land of smiles - for some

Read it again

It states 1.7 million baht which is still far too much money.

Good on him for donating it to Charities

You must be Canadian.

Edited by ldiablo