Non o marriage visa extension question

Hi people, I'm just getting all the bits together for my yearly Non o marriage extension,

I've been taking the photos of my Wife & I around the house, bedroom etc. & our kids have joined in the photos. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but thinking about it afterwards are Immigration going to be ok with the kids being in the photos as well as us?

I really don't want to have them rejecting the photos because they have the kids in...

Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance....

I do a family photo for the one that shows the house number. All others are just the wife and I.

One time our niece was visiting and a couple of her kids were in one photo and the immigration officer asked about them but accepted the photo,

• Like 1

Thanks Joe, it only our kids, my 2 yr old daughter in 2 & the Wife's 5 & 10 year old sons in the other 2, so you reckon probably all right?

Incidentally this is my 3rd extension & the one in front of the house has never shown a house number as we haven't actually got one up, we live in a very small village though...

You should be okay with the photos. I only do 4 photos. Two inside with the wife. The one with the house number and one of the house from the street.

We have a 12 year old daughter and our 10 year old granddaughter lives with us.

Most offices want to see the house number in the photo. Some people have had to make a number to make them happy.

• Like 1

"Didn't think anything of it at the time, but thinking about it afterwards are Immigration going to be ok with the kids being in the photos as well as us?"

I was actually asked to make sure my son was in the pictures, and during a home visit the officer took pictures and wanted my son in them too.

• Like 1

Bangkok Immigration asked why our daughter was not in any of the photos. My wife apologised and said that our daughter was at school when the photos were taken, Officer accepted this.

One year we did not have an actual house number beside the front door. The Officer told us to either buy a sign or print a sign ourselves! So we printed the numbers onto an A4 sheet and stuck it to the wall, accepted no problems!

This year I had to sign two additional forms given to me at the interrogation. Both these forms were issued due to the recent security issues. In both cases you are acknowledging that you understand the penalties for overstay etc. The penalties are now very severe.

• Like 1

This year I had to sign two additional forms given to me at the interrogation. Both these forms were issued due to the recent security issues. In both cases you are acknowledging that you understand the penalties for overstay etc. The penalties are now very severe.

The overstay forms are not new or because of recent events, They have been around over a year. Banning overstayers is something immigration have proposed and want to introduce but so far it hasn't been approved/signed off so they cannot, at this time, enforce the penalties.

Edited by elviajero

They cant have been around for over a year at least not nationally, or I would have had to sign them at my last extension... but I was expecting some new hoop to have to jump through because of the bombing this time around...

They cant have been around for over a year at least not nationally, or I would have had to sign them at my last extension... but I was expecting some new hoop to have to jump through because of the bombing this time around...

The overstay rules were announced on the 22nd July 2014. Offices started getting people to sign the acknowledgment forms shortly after this announcement.