Internet in Pa Phai, Sansai, Chiang Mai

chickens4me

Advice urgently needed please smile.png

Apologies first if this topic has already been covered elsewhere. I searched a bit and haven't really come up with any specific advice covering this particular area sad.png We are about to move into a new house and are busy with all that, so not much time to put into research at the moment. All help greatly appreciated. Happy to be directed to a thread that covers Pa Phai.

Discovered that 3BB, True, AIS, TOT and Sinet cannot connect up fiber optic internet, nor ADSL to the new place! We are just too far away from their nearest transmitter and/or all slots in the area are currently full with no indication on how long we might have to wait. Admittedly, we did not research this thoroughly enough before buying.

I can possibly get an aircard through either True or AIS. But we're not computer savvy enough to figure out how this works and how we set this up. Does anyone have any other suggestions please? We move tomorrow....so this becomes an urgent issue for us now.

Many many thanks.

Edited by chickens4me

Talk to ToT about WiNet, AiS have a similar service but I forget what it's called.

Both are 5GHz Wimax type long range wireless services, up to 15km line of sight to the tower.

If you do have to go 3G it's not difficult to set up but can get expensive :(

I can possibly get an aircard through either True or AIS.

At present, from a practical viewpoint, it seems that 3G TrueMove H ( thus not 3G AIS 12Call ) via a SIM card in a Samsung mobile phone ( using WiFi via Tethering ) is seen in my remote village as being relative faster and more cheap, thus more popular amongst laptop users ( for example kids and students ) than any other currently local available applied method of establishing internet. Guess I'm not the only one who is having pretty mixed feelings here about keep on waiting for an available empty slot. We are waiting for quite some time now. Thus once you are getting connected to a slot you may not entirely get what you were hoping for. Potentially, in practice, due to the relative more complicated and physically much larger layout with all those additional cables and boxes, you will certainly get and experience many more disturbing factors, asking for specialized control, which, without proper control, may slow down local speed on the internet drastically.