Poll: What Kind Of Visa Do You Have?

What kind of visa you have?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You left out the option for the people (not me) that have type O or B visas that do 90 day entry stamp runs as they do not qualify for the 1 year extension.

Also, is there some sort of collective agreement that the 30 day visa exempt is now called, inaccurately, a VOA?

TH

Edited by thaihome

Just got back into the Kingdom from renewing my Non-Immigrant Type O multiple entry visa for another year. I've been here 15 months on the first one, and couldn't get an extension as I don't meet the requirements.

Outside Asia the Thai Embassy's are known for a LOT softer touch, and the 'bar' is much lower when issuing visas.

They would have stamped me w/an OA longstay visa if I'da wanted them to, although couldn't speculate what problems I'd have at Suan Phlu when I went to report after 90 days, seeing as I'm only 47.

I played it safe, got the non-imm-O for another year.

I'm set for 15 more months, and visa runs every 90 days won't kill me.

take care na,

tod-daniels

Krung Thep

Retirement visa.

Although I qualify for a marriage visa, immigration strongly advised the retirement extension instead as it was a lot easier to issue, and on the same daye]

Why easier? You go one time with your wife to the immigration, second or if necessary third time, you can send a messenger to pick up the passeport.

As long as you have the 400,000 Baht in your bank account, I don't see any reason to change.

With the retirement visa you also cannot work.

WCA

Retirement visa.

Although I qualify for a marriage visa, immigration strongly advised the retirement extension instead as it was a lot easier to issue, and on the same daye]

Why easier? You go one time with your wife to the immigration, second or if necessary third time, you can send a messenger to pick up the passeport.

As long as you have the 400,000 Baht in your bank account, I don't see any reason to change.

WCA

The wife must go with you every year for the application. The conditions require proof of relationship and new rules seem to indicate this will now be a 3 months period. Your bank funds should remain over 400k during the entire review period. Decision is based on evidence presented to a group so everything must be checked and double checked which often requires extra paperwork. It is a time intensive operation for immigration so they would much prefer you use the 3 document and out approach of retirement. I would prefer to do what immigration likes (although did initially use the marriage myself and immigration was fine with it). To me it seems to be less stressful using retirement if you qualify and do not intend to work.

Retirement visa.

WCA

Exacltly,the retirement visa limit your options.

With a marriage visa I can have a work permit(and I have the extension the same day)! :o

Retirement visa.

WCA

Exacltly,the retirement visa limit your options.

With a marriage visa I can have a work permit(and I have the extension the same day)! :o

And your wife is a police officer - I think that might have something to do with it. :D

Retirement visa.

Although I qualify for a marriage visa, immigration strongly advised the retirement extension instead as it was a lot easier to issue, and on the same day]

WCA

Originally I had the Non Imm. O obtained in the UK based on being married.

After three 90 day visa runs I went to Pattaya immigration to enquire about the marriage extension and it was explained that this extension would have to be sorted out through BKK and would take a few months with checks at our residence one or more times until the authorities were satisfied that our marriage was genuine.

Of course it was genuine, but I really didn’t want or need the hassle after it was explained that I could extend immediately (3 months earlier than my O expiring) with a retirement extension as I had over 800,000 in my bank account.

The money wasn’t an issue, and I don’t need to work over here, plus I didn’t want a few months of wondering when or if I would get it.

For peace of mind I went with their advice.

On my last two extensions immigration have asked for a copy of our marriage certificate and my wife’s ID card though.

Been here 4 years now and this visa works for me.

Mike.

Just got back into the Kingdom from renewing my Non-Immigrant Type O multiple entry visa for another year. I've been here 15 months on the first one, and couldn't get an extension as I don't meet the requirements.

Outside Asia the Thai Embassy's are known for a LOT softer touch, and the 'bar' is much lower when issuing visas.

They would have stamped me w/an OA longstay visa if I'da wanted them to, although couldn't speculate what problems I'd have at Suan Phlu when I went to report after 90 days, seeing as I'm only 47.

I played it safe, got the non-imm-O for another year.

I'm set for 15 more months, and visa runs every 90 days won't kill me.

take care na,

tod-daniels

Krung Thep

:o I very much doubt you would have been given an OA.

Where was your visa issued?