Massage-whats the optimum duration?

JHolmesJr

This is about a normal thai or oil massage with no happy endings.

Last month I asked for a oil massage …. my instincts told me 90 min was enough….but the masseuse was so good, I told her to make it 120min.

However I found that after 90 min or so, she was just doing 'repeats' on areas that had been visited before….just faffin' around.

Im now inclined to stick with 90 minutes for a massage….does anyone here have anything to say on the 90 vs 120 min massage….please don't say you should do whatever you like or up to you…..lol.

Depends entirely on the masseuse, you either end up irritated, bored, or fall asleep.

Rarely beyond 90 minutes are you wanting "more" unless exceptional.

Try having a combo, get them to do foot/lower leg, massage first, then follow that with oil/full body massage.

With oil I would say 90 minutes is plenty. A real thai massage should be 2 hours. That said I havenot been able to get a real thai massage for years. They used to bend me twist me have me in a sweat and at the end exhausted but so relaxed and after a shower feeling great. Now its more just a deep tissue at the best.

Depending on the massage school/shop if its a normal oil / Thai massage shop I go for an hour. If its at one of the places I like and feel as if I'm getting something out of it (not a happy ending) I normally ask for one hour Thai followed by one hour oil.

Edited by ChangMaiSausage

With oil I would say 90 minutes is plenty. A real thai massage should be 2 hours. That said I havenot been able to get a real thai massage for years. They used to bend me twist me have me in a sweat and at the end exhausted but so relaxed and after a shower feeling great. Now its more just a deep tissue at the best.

A couple of years ago my wife wanted to try the massage facility at one of the hospitals in Sri Ratcha and talked me into going with her. One of her friends had suggested it.

I got a guy and it was probably one of the most painful 60 minutes of my life. He used his elbows to massage the muscles and I am sure he was trying to make the farang squirm.

A couple of years ago my wife wanted to try the massage facility at one of the hospitals in Sri Ratcha and talked me into going with her. One of her friends had suggested it.

I got a guy and it was probably one of the most painful 60 minutes of my life. He used his elbows to massage the muscles and I am sure he was trying to make the farang squirm.

Ive found virtually all of them ridiculously too hard so now I just dont bother going, I want to be relaxed not leaving in agony.

If you went in to the massage with 90 minute agreement then changed it at the end and added an additional 30 minutes, of course she had to go back around again. If you had asked for 2 hours in the start then she would have taken a little more time in each area.

I like 120 min don't care about repeating, but often short changed and the closer to the naught areas the more I'm short changed, got tired of getting offered happy endings so look for further way places, last massage girl forgot to give me my change of 400, played dumb, 600 for a 2 hr massage that went for 1hr and 40 min including 2 showers, after threatening to go back inside to voice my displeasure within ear shot of other customers my change was forth coming.

If you went in to the massage with 90 minute agreement then changed it at the end and added an additional 30 minutes, of course she had to go back around again. If you had asked for 2 hours in the start then she would have taken a little more time in each area.

I changed it about 3 minutes into the start.

First massage I had in Thailand only booked 1 hour. This being the 70s, she ( clothes never came off ) gave me a long wash down on a special table first, and then started on my legs. Got as far as my knees and telephone rang- time is up!

I always wondered what would have happened if I'd booked 3 hours!

Doubt any massage places other than soapy massage give wash down anymore.

The traditional Thai massage (nuat phaen boraan) course that they study lasts exactly 2 hours. Any less and you're cheating yourself out of all of the benefits. There is not repeating in this course. And you should not be paying much more than 300 baht for those 2 hours.

Oil massage is a waste of time/prelude to sex. Period.

An hour is plenty and too hard is not a good thing. There is a lot of <deleted> talked about Thai massage but they are taught only basic physiology on thai massage course even when they study long enough to get a licence to open a real shop. They can often do more damage than good especially when they walk on someone's back and legs.

Only 100 baht an hour down my way because it's near the temple where they all learn.

If you would have went back a few more times you would have been ok I feel. What a good thai massage does is break down damaged tissue same as physio. I think thats why thais are so flexable

Believe me if you had a real massage, 30 minutes would be long enough. There is a Blind massage place in Pattaya, near the Dolphin roundabout, They are all blind, and have been taught to massage so they can earn a living , I have been numerous times. They are that good they can find any problems with your muscles, I have sciatica, They always find and tell me, They can sort most muscular problems out. Its not unpleasant but its no picnic, But thats what real massages are like , not the play ones you see every other shop along the Soys.

An hour is plenty and too hard is not a good thing. There is a lot of <deleted> talked about Thai massage but they are taught only basic physiology on thai massage course even when they study long enough to get a licence to open a real shop. They can often do more damage than good especially when they walk on someone's back and legs.

Only 100 baht an hour down my way because it's near the temple where they all learn.

i like the back walking ,as long as the girl is under 60kg and not some hippo.....lol

ive never chosen a man or a ladyboy so cant comment but i wouldnt feel comfortable

with a man rubbing oil over my naked body for 120 min but YMMV ....

the most respected place to learn thai massage is wat pho apparently ,just ask one of the girls for her phone number

and you can get the works anytime in the comfort of your house ;)

I get real traditional Thai massage every week on Tuesday and Friday. Two hours and I specify hard. Masseuse is a cousin of my wife and definitely on the heavy side, so no amusement, just strong real workout. The true traditional one spends too much time on the legs and not enough on the back (my weak area) so I have her do a modified version starting with strong workout on the back.