Massage-whats the optimum duration?

JHolmesJr

With oil I would say 90 minutes is plenty. A real thai massage should be 2 hours. That said I havenot been able to get a real thai massage for years. They used to bend me twist me have me in a sweat and at the end exhausted but so relaxed and after a shower feeling great. Now its more just a deep tissue at the best.

A couple of years ago my wife wanted to try the massage facility at one of the hospitals in Sri Ratcha and talked me into going with her. One of her friends had suggested it.

I got a guy and it was probably one of the most painful 60 minutes of my life. He used his elbows to massage the muscles and I am sure he was trying to make the farang squirm.

Ive found virtually all of them ridiculously too hard so now I just dont bother going, I want to be relaxed not leaving in agony.

Ridiculous is several ways. Many of the maneuvers are totally unnecessary and borderline dangerous. Most of those awkward positions they put you in seem like smoke and mirrors tactics to make you feel like you're being subjected to some kind of ancient Thai secret and could probably achieve the same thing more effectively with the customer on their back or stomach.