PoiPet border , Non O multi, visa run

Hi guys.

I have to go out before 5 Oct. And as I stay in Buri Ram I will have to go on PoiPet border.

I prefer e-visa since it's quicker and no visa sticker inside passport.

As we all know heavy rain is here and I'm looking for advice how to pass border without to much problems from flood.

Or should I consider alternative route?

Thanks in advance.

Have you been to Chong Chom in Kap Cheong closer for me and a lot less hassle. If you want they'll take it to get stamped for you about 200 baht while you sit outside the Thai office. There's also a border market there for the wife and a little restaurant that sells pork steak ??? for you inside the market.

Have you been to Chong Chom in Kap Cheong closer for me and a lot less hassle. If you want they'll take it to get stamped for you about 200 baht while you sit outside the Thai office. There's also a border market there for the wife and a little restaurant that sells pork steak ??? for you inside the market.

No I have not been there. I never trust anyone with my passport. I like to do all by the book :)

No I have not been there. I never trust anyone with my passport. I like to do all by the book smile.png

Chong Chom Border crossing is about 75 km south of Surin City or about 10 km from Buriram on the 214 highway. You do not need to use a tout as you can due this yourself. Cambodian visa will be 1500 baht as this is the normal same from the Cambodian Immigration. If your driving you can park just before and to your left of the crossing for 50 baht. If your not driving you can get a local buss from Buriram to Surin for about 50 baht and from Surin there is a regular van service about every 30 minutes to CC for 60 baht.

No problem you can do yourself and a lot easier than Poiphet.

Do they accept e visa? I'm not sure that they do.

Chong Chom does NOT accept e-visa.

Yes, it's 37$ if I pay e-visa.

I'm not exactly in city Buri Ram, I'm in small village at border Korat/Buri Ram provinces.

I have car but I'm worried about flood.

I will see next week and make an exception this time and do at Chong Chom.

I'm not exactly in city Buri Ram, I'm in small village at border Korat/Buri Ram provinces.

There is no flood in Kap Choeng or Chong Chom only in Sin City.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Using an e-visa via Poipet sounds as if you are half-way there with the process.

Assuming you are somewhere near Nong Ki then you are 175 km to Poipet (via 348 at Nang Rong) or 142 km to Chong Chom.

Using an e-visa via Poipet sounds as if you are half-way there with the process.

Assuming you are somewhere near Nong Ki then you are 175 km to Poipet (via 348 at Nang Rong) or 142 km to Chong Chom.

Well, e-visa is cheaper and is faster to get through , in/out.

Also other reason I like to go there is to left wife at market to go shopping for her shop.

Hi i asked about Kanchanaburi border run with a non o marraige visa which i got in Savannakhet a few days ago and somebody replied that he had just done it with no problem but i read yesterday that they wont accept a non o marraige at Burma borders . Does anybody know whats happening as i have to go before 13 Oct.

just want to ask ,w0uld i be able to get an exempt visa from MaeSai b0rder ,im having and ED visa right now and planning to cancel it next month but then try to go Mae Sai border to get visa exempt because need to stay a little bit more longer until my 200 hours in thai language course is finish,what im worried now about reading this problem of some border not issueng exempt visa ,u think is there a problem for me if i just go Mae Sai and get out and in to border and have visa exempt .?thanks in advance.

just want to ask ,w0uld i be able to get an exempt visa from MaeSai b0rder ,im having and ED visa right now and planning to cancel it next month but then try to go Mae Sai border to get visa exempt because need to stay a little bit more longer until my 200 hours in thai language course is finish,what im worried now about reading this problem of some border not issueng exempt visa ,u think is there a problem for me if i just go Mae Sai and get out and in to border and have visa exempt .?thanks in advance.

Why "cancel" the ED visa extension?

Hi i asked about Kanchanaburi border run with a non o marraige visa which i got in Savannakhet a few days ago and somebody replied that he had just done it with no problem but i read yesterday that they wont accept a non o marraige at Burma borders . Does anybody know whats happening as i have to go before 13 Oct.

At the moment you cannot do a crossing their or at any of the southern Cambodia crossings (new info today),

By the 13th of October things should be back normal.

Info I have received is that it is expected that the crossings will be back to normal on the 30th of this month or the 1st of October.