Sathorn Unique owner files complaint against 'Team Farang' for trespassing

webfact

Sathorn Unique owner files complaint against 'Team Farang' for trespassing
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The company that owns the famous abandoned Sathorn Unique skyscraper, aka the “Ghost Tower”, filed a police complaint against star freerunners “Team Farang” for trespassing on the property to shoot a pakor video in April.

A snapshot of the police complaint dated April 22 against two professional freerunners, Jason Paul and Shaun Wood, spread online on Pantip yesterday under the thread “Read this before you enter Sathorn Unique,”as a gentle reminder to the public that entering the property is forbidden.

The police report was filed by Sathorn Unique Co. Ltd., five days after Team Farang’s video, “Freerunning in Bangkok's Ghost Tower”, was released

The snapshot was said to be taken by Pansit Torsuwan, son of the famous architect Rangsan Torsuwan who owns Sathorn Unique tower.

“The building is forbidden,” Pansit wrote on Facebook Monday, “We have had farang prosecuted, and will pursue the same with more people. We have fired many security guards. The latest one was fired last Monday.”

While the building is private property and has security guards, it is known among photographers that they can sneak in and pay a THB300 - 500 fee. [read more here...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/17/sathorn-unique-owner-files-complaint-against-team-farang-trespassing

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-09-17

Whoever possibly buys that tower in the future will probably have to tear it down. It was never finished....been exposed to the rough tropical environment going on two two decades now....even concrete and steel deteriorates (i.e., cracks, rusts, etc) when not protected from the environment. I sure know I would never buy a condo in that building if they ever decided to finish it....and with it being called the Ghost Tower now Thai's definitely wouldn't buy any condos units there due to their beliefs in ghosts/spirits. I expect the current owner wants a price that is many, many times what anyone is willing to pay considering it's condition, associated legal issues, etc. I drive by this tower about once a week...it surely is an ugly building since it was never completed...and made uglier by the huge advertising banners like for Coke they hang on it. I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down.

Why do they only prosecute "farang" and not Thais who trespass?

Thais wouldn't dare enter the building. It's called "Ghost Tower" for a reason, and that's enough to keep the Thais out of it. Only stupid farang would want to enter the building.

gigglem.gif

Not true. When I climbed the building 2 weeks ago, I was with Thai students and photographers. gigglem.gif

Could it be that the Thais that you claim trespass (it would be interesting to know if there really are any or whether you just invented that allegation) don't try to promote themselves from it in the way that these farang did?

Whoever possibly buys that tower in the future will probably have to tear it down. It was never finished....been exposed to the rough tropical environment going on two two decades now....even concrete and steel deteriorates (i.e., cracks, rusts, etc) when not protected from the environment. I sure know I would never buy a condo in that building if they ever decided to finish it....and with it being called the Ghost Tower now Thai's definitely wouldn't buy any condos units there due to their beliefs in ghosts/spirits. I expect the current owner wants a price that is many, many times what anyone is willing to pay considering it's condition, associated legal issues, etc. I drive by this tower about once a week...it surely is an ugly building since it was never completed...and made uglier by the huge advertising banners like for Coke they hang on it. I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down.

"I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down."

I expect not, why would the government seize someone's private property, under what powers? What government bills are the owners likely to have outstanding?

With 8,000+ post and you still ask why Farangs are being desalinated of Thais? ok, here's a big clue,

this is Thailand and that's what the Thais do.....

"....why Farangs are being desalinated of Thais?"

Desalinated of Thais...what?

Why don't the stupid <deleted!> actually complete the building!

What a profound statement!!

I thought so!

If they haven't the money to finish it. Sell it!

Why should they? It's their property to do what they want with.

No, it's not. It's a matter of public concern: it's unsafe ( possibly unsound), a health hazard, an eyesore. The owners appear to be making no effort to deal with the problem and so it should be acquired by the govt, demolished and the land sold.

It's heartening to see two fine young athletes making good use of one of the worlds ugliest buildings. How about turning it into a fruit and veg city farm as has been done in other countries.

Aside from entertaining themselves what "good use" have the trespassers made of the building?

Maybe the owners aren't keen enough on gardening to take up your suggestion of what they should do with their own property.

Why should they? It's their property to do what they want with.

No, it's not. It's a matter of public concern: it's unsafe ( possibly unsound), a health hazard, an eyesore. The owners appear to be making no effort to deal with the problem and so it should be acquired by the govt, demolished and the land sold.

Actually, it is. It is a privately owned property and although it may be an eyesore it is of no public concern.

What is unsafe about it? The building is just sitting there doing nothing other than existing, it is only unsafe when someone does something unsafe in it. Nothing happened to those two clowns when they went prancing about in it.

Perhaps the owners are doing something, like hanging on to it until the value of the land increases enough for someone to want to buy it?

Since when should the government be allowed to acquire privately owned property and sell it without the owners agreement? And why pick on this particular building?

Edited by Sviss Geez