Non Imm O-A re-entry

Nearly a year ago last October, I was issued a Non-Imm O-A (retirement) at my local Thai embassy in Europe. It has a "use by" date of Oct 29, 2015. I entered Thailand with it on Nov 25, 2014 and was given permission to stay until Nov. 24, 2015. As it is a multiple-entry visa, I left Thailand some months ago without notifying anyone or doing anything. Personal reasons delayed my return, however, and I can't get back until mid-November. Am I likely to be allowed in on that same visa? If not and I come in with a tourist visa, is that convertible to a Non-Imm O for retirement these days? Or is there an easy place to get a Non-Imm O single entry in Asia which I can then convert? My local embassy will only issue me another Non-Imm O-A which is complicated for me as it locks me into the Oct-Nov time schedule which wil always be difficult for me. I'd much rather have an expiry or renewal date Jan or Feb.

After October 29th you will not be able to use your visa for an entry.

You can change from a tourist visa entry to a non immigrant visa at Bangkok immigration and few nearby offices (Pattaya is one). It takes 2 trips to immigration to get the visa/entry stamps.

If you can show financial proof you easily get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane Laos or Penang Malaysia.