Movie museum to break ground in November

Lite Beer

Movie museum to break ground in November
Phuket Gazette -

1_2015918163426152_LIRBDrmQWftHQiLfWTnDz

A team reviews the two-rai plot of land designated for the museum. Photo: MOTS

PHUKET: The island's first-ever "movie museum" is expected to break ground in November, according to local officials.

“The Department of Tourism will be leading the project,” Santi Pawai, director of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports Phuket office, told the Phuket Gazette today. “The contract has been signed and the work is expected to start in November and be completed within six months.”

In May, the Department of Tourism approved a 40-million-baht budget for construction of the movie museum (story here) that will display memorabilia from movies that have been filmed on the island by well-known international film makers.

Read More: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Movie-museum-break-ground-November/61983?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-09-19

• 5 months later...

Thailand has made some very good movies...Mundane History, Shutter, Ploy, Bangkok Dangerous, Headshot, Tom Yum Goong, and Uncle Boomanee are quite impressive...

Bangkok Dangerous...are you serious or did you add it just because of the lead actor?

The movie was beyond garbage.

I'm still not clear on where this is going to be as the photo shows Nai Harn beach, but supposedly that got shot down amid a bunch of protests and protesters, along with a meeting.

It looks like they used the funds to replace a small fence and parking in front of the OrBor Tor office.rolleyes.gif

September 2015. All changed since then. Wish I'd seen this at first as it would have saved me trying to find where the newly chosen location for this white elephant is.

You're right, what is this doing here now? Oh, I see, a punter posted in this very old thread.

September 2015. All changed since then. Wish I'd seen this at first as it would have saved me trying to find where the newly chosen location for this white elephant is.

You're right, what is this doing here now? Oh, I see, a punter posted in this very old thread.

TV runing out of topics/hits and grasping at straws by posting 'nonsense/old' 'news'. This forum's sliding quickly down the pan.coffee1.gif

TV runing out of topics/hits and grasping at straws by posting 'nonsense/old' 'news'. This forum's sliding quickly down the pan.coffee1.gif

Nothing to do with 'TV posting old news', but with one poster posting in an old thread.