How to report corrupt police officer?

No1

Was stopped for not wearing a helmet and officer asked me to pay him directly. I would avoid losing my license and having to pick it up at the police station.

Can I report him to the police? Will I get in trouble if I admit that I took his offer as I was in a rush? Or should I better call Prayuth right away?

OMG shock horror, don't look at it as a bribe, it's a donation to the Christmas fund. You need to start thinking more like a local my friend, your not going to change them believe me. Go with it even though you think it's wrong.. And yeah next time your on the roads riding your bike wear your skid lid.

Edited by burgerking

Corrupt? Maybe.

But why weren't you wearing a helmet?

I hoped to avoid to talk about it. I have an inherited craniofacial anomaly which doesn't allow me to put on a normal helmet. My old one was stolen 3 days ago. New one is ordered and on the way.

Would have saved yourself all this agro.

No agro whatsoever. I don't mind paying 1000 THB fine as I did something wrong and i accept the consequences. Just I think I can help this officer better to a decent living when he understands the deeper meaning of "decent living" and why corruption causes more damage to this country than not wearing a helmet.

Why give the police an excuse to top you in the first place?

Your logic is brilliant and it shows you have soaked up Thai culture like a sponge. Nevertheless, in this road block they have stopped all motorcyclists and had everyone done for something it seemed. My case was the helmet. Others with a helmet had to show licenses or other paperwork.

How much did you give the officer? It probably was a fraction of what you would have paid in your home country. People don't wear helmets over here because they think that they will get away with it, you wouldn't dream of going helmetless back home. If you don't want to be fined, wear an helmet.

How much did you give the officer? It probably was a fraction of what you would have paid in your home country. People don't wear helmets over here because they think that they will get away with it, you wouldn't dream of going helmetless back home. If you don't want to be fined, wear an helmet.

Back home in the States, people get stopped for tail lights out, speeding, no helmet, etc...etc. The fines you pay there are outrageously high, and points are docked against your license. Insurance may also go up. In Thailand, you pay 200 to 500 each time you get stopped, for whatever. All my fines together, this year, amount to less than 500 baht....and no court required, no mailing in tickets, no threats of revoking license. I like it here.

Back home in the States, people get stopped for tail lights out, speeding, no helmet, etc...etc. The fines you pay there are outrageously high, and points are docked against your license. Insurance may also go up. In Thailand, you pay 200 to 500 each time you get stopped, for whatever. All my fines together, this year, amount to less than 500 baht....and no court required, no mailing in tickets, no threats of revoking license. I like it here.

Yes I like it here too. I lived in France prior to moving out here, I got caught on camera speeding and was fined 90 euro. Got caught here and was fined 500 baht. Its amost a pleasure paying the fines.

In my state there's no helmet law. But really i just wanted to know how to report a corrupt officer in Thailand and not have a discussion on and about helmet laws.

Officer asked for 1000 and I paid it. See above.

you bribe him instead of doing it the right way which he obviously offered, so you are as guilty as he is.

Quite frankly, I was not aware I was bribing him until I realised he would not give me a ticket in exchange for the 1000 THB. He gave me the idea that it was faster paying right away than going to the police station. I just wanted to pay and get it over with.

Edited by No1

are you crazy ?? I have a pretty good idea what the outcome would be ........ whistling.gif haven't been in Thailand long .. ? !!

Well, as everyone else I think I am the most normal person on Earth. Nevertheless, if you have a pretty good idea on what the outcome would be, it would be great if you would share it.