TM-8 (Re-Entry Stamp)

For years I have gotten a single entry stamp at the same time I get my annual visa extension at Chaeng Wattana. Since I have not been outside of Thailand for last 4-yrs and have wasted the 1,000 baht on the stamp, this year I didn't bother with a re-entry stamp.

Well, now some friends want to take a few day trip into Laos. so I need to complete the TM-8 and get a stamp.

Is Chaeng Wattana the only place I can go to get the re-entry stamp or are there other Immigration offices in BKK where I can get it? (I live about 100m from US Embassy.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe they are also available at the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport before departure if you are holding a valid boarding pass. Allow some extra time, 1,200 baht I believe unless they have stopped issuing them recently.

Edited by BobTH

You can get one at the airport prior to departure.

I've never tried this but apparently you can also apply online. You still need to go to CW to get the permit but it would save time at CW if booking it online.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=re-entry

That link does not, and as far as I know, has never worked.

I've never tried this but apparently you can also apply online. You still need to go to CW to get the permit but it would save time at CW if booking it online.

I didn't go all the way through it, but you get the same ( There is a problem with this website’s security certificate ) browser warning as when doing the 90 day report online. If you disregard the warning which I did, it took me to the accept the term and conditions page and that is where I just closed it. Interesting, I was not aware of this being there, I am curious if anyone has successfully used it. Oncearugge, did you give up at the security warning or have you gone further and know more information pertaining to getting further into the working e-form itself?

I didn't go all the way through it, but you get the same ( There is a problem with this website’s security certificate ) browser warning as when doing the 90 day report online. If you disregard the warning which I did, it took me to the accept the term and conditions page and that is where I just closed it. Interesting, I was not aware of this being there, I am curious if anyone has successfully used it. Oncearugge, did you give up at the security warning or have you gone further and know more information pertaining to getting further into the working e-form itself?

Go right through and obtain an appointment smile.png

There have been a number of reports about the facility not functioning.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Mr Tom said:

I can't seem to get this link working. Anyone used it lately or have a new link? I've tried Chrome and IE browsers.

Immigrations extranet is down. You will have to go to immigration without an appointment.

Re-entry permit application form is here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_tm8.pdf

• Like 1

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when, after having collected and triple-checked all the documents required for the extension of stay, the friendly smiling IO ends the session asking: "and would you like a re-entry permit with that, sir?"

Why they do not merge these two processes is beyond me.