Overstay visa

Hi,

Another dumb question, it looks like I have booked my flights incorrectly.

I will be over staying my visa for one day only (1)

Do I just go to airport and pay 500BHT ?

Is this a big deal do I go onto a register?

many thanks for response

Phil

The OP will be returning home!

"The Fat Controller" was not talking about his return flight, but his departure (from his country ?)

Some Airlines want to see a visa for any travel more than 30 days, and 31 is more than 30...

The return should not be a problem, but as always

avoid any police control or any accident on your last day rolleyes.gif

The OP will be returning home!

"The Fat Controller" was not talking about his return flight, but his departure (from his country ?)

Some Airlines want to see a visa for any travel more than 30 days, and 31 is more than 30...

The return should not be a problem, but as always

avoid any police control or any accident on your last day rolleyes.gif

You are correct!

So all the airline would be interested in would be whether his passport was valid for his intended destination.

Airlines are not interested in anything to do with overstay in Thailand .............

• Like 1

You may have questions at check-in from your airline, KLM for instance know that a visa is required for stays over 30 days and want to see one in your passport.

Check thread about that.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754481-boarding-to-thailand-without-return-ticket/

Rather confusing thread. Is the O/P in his home country anticipating a problem with a planned trip or is he already in Thailand when he realized his flight out is the day after his current permission to stay expires?

• Like 1

You may have questions at check-in from your airline, KLM for instance know that a visa is required for stays over 30 days and want to see one in your passport.

Check thread about that.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754481-boarding-to-thailand-without-return-ticket/

Rather confusing thread. Is the O/P in his home country anticipating a problem with a planned trip or is he already in Thailand when he realized his flight out is the day after his current permission to stay expires?

Not sure also, but none the less as "Lite Beer" and "UbonJoe" already stated "The first day of overstay you do not pay anything at the airport." and that was the main question the OP asked thumbsup.gif

The O/P mentions a visa. If he has an actual visa, the airlines won't care. They only worry if someone is travelling without a visa and might be refused entry.

Even if he anticipates getting a visa exempt entry, he has a flight out booked already, so the airlines won't care if he overstays as long as they won't get stuck flying him out for free.

Edited by Suradit69

Check thread about that.

And if he is still at home and has an actual visa, is he looking at the expiry date on the visa or has he calculated when the permission to stay will end.

The O/P mentions a visa. If he has an actual visa, the airlines won't care. They only worry if someone is travelling without a visa and might be refused entry.

Even if he anticipates getting a visa exempt entry, he has a flight out booked already, so the airlines won't care if he overstays as long as they won't get stuck flying him out for free.

Many people calls a visa exempt entry a "visa" or even "tourist visa". If that is the case then the OP should worry indeed boarding, because the airline can legitimately refuse boarding without an exit ticket within 30 days and not one more.

I really appreciate the comments, actually I was on calculation going to be two days over.

So I decided to back date my flight with Qantas paid the extra two bucks.

No visa over stay issue, No queue at the Promenade at Chaing Mai.

I am seriously considering retiring to Chain Mai so I just don't want any hassles.

I will be monitoring the forums for retirement so I get it right next time.

Ok thanks Phil

I really appreciate the comments, actually I was on calculation going to be two days over.

So I decided to back date my flight with Qantas paid the extra two hundred bucks.

I am seriously considering retiring to Chain Mai so I just don't want any hassles.

I will be monitoring the forums for retirement so I get it right next time.

Ok thanks Phil

Edited by philcon

So I decided to back date my flight with Qantas paid the extra two hundred bucks.

For you information.

You could have bought a throw away exit ticket for $40 or even $0 when refundable. 30 days extension is about $30

And overstay does not influence future applications.

• Like 1

"For you information.

You could have bought a throw away exit ticket for $40 or even $0 when refundable. 30 days extension is about $30

And overstay does not influence future applications."

Thanks for this accurate information, in hind sight I should have got onto Thaivisa first

then acted. I will next time!

ok Cheers