Illegal Phuket gun dealing conducted in closed Facebook groups

Lite Beer

Illegal Phuket gun dealing conducted in closed Facebook groups
Phuket Gazette -

1_2015919115621617_ebPxQpLFLWDxYVrJbNaWu

Well-machined, homemade guns are being bought online through social media networks and delivered to the island by post. Photo: The Nation

PHUKET: Closed groups on social media platforms are facilitating a boom in illegal factory built and homemade firearms, confirmed the head of the Phuket City Police this week.

“A decade ago, people would need the know-how or a special connection to get their hands on a firearm. But now, with Google and YouTube, as well as social media, such as Facebook, almost anyone can obtain a gun,” Superintendent Kraithong Chanthongbai told the Phuket Gazette. “We are seizing twice as many guns a month than we did previously. Last year, we confiscated three guns a month on average. This year, it’s six.”

The figures presented by Col Kraithong are only for the area under his jurisdiction. Provincial Police Commander Patchara Boonyasit was unable to supply similar figures for the entire island.

Read More: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Illegal-Phuket-gun-dealing-conducted-closed-Facebook/61988?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-09-20

I don't want to know how much guns in this market are ilegal:

http://www.gundd.com/

Yea, a .22 pen-gun for 1500 or a .38 for 2000 Baht. I would guess those are highly illegal!

And how about a Glock 19 for 39,000 Baht when a new LEGAL Glock 17 goes for 105,000 Baht here in the north of Thailand, I would guess that that one is illegal too!