Can you stay 6 months on a double entry 90 day visa?

I just got a double entry TR visa in Vientiane Laos. The Issue Date is 7 Spet 2015 and the Enter Before Date is Dec 7th 2015. I entered on Sept 8th and got my first entry activated. I'm wondering if my second entry will be valid.

If I leave Thailand on Dec 4th and fly back in on Dec 6th will my second entry give me the full 60 days ( + 30 day extension ) or is it void since the enter before date is DEC 7th. Somebody told me when the date is past the ENTER BY date, the visa becomes invalid and you have to leave.

The enter before date is just that it does not restrict the amount of time you can be in the country.

If you enter on or before the 7th of December you will get a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office.

"Somebody told me when the date is past the ENTER BY date, the visa becomes invalid and you have to leave."

No this is wrong. The only relevance the 'enter before' date has is to tell you the date you have to use both your entries by. The visa is "invalid" after this date, but as long as you enter before the 7th you can stay the full 60 days and extend that by a further 30 days.

In reality it comes to max. 59+28+59+29 or less, so to answer the question NO not 6 months, but close to it.

The day you arrive is day one. You don't get that day as a freebie no matter how early or late in the day you arrive. So, you get day one and 59 more days = 60 days.

The 30 day extension is added onto the end of the 60 day permission, so there's no reason it should be 28 or 29 days.

If I leave Thailand on Dec 4th and fly back in on Dec 6th will my second entry give me the full 60 days ( + 30 day extension ) or is it void since the enter before date is DEC 7th.

The visa is used to ENTER Thailand. Your stay in Thailand is set by immigrations and is shown on the stamp they put in your passport when you enter.

Once you get in Thailand, before the visa expires, it is the permission to stay or extension of stay given you by immigrations that matters. The visa becomes dead and irrelevant once it's expired and/or been fully used. Once in the country you'll be allowed the full 60 + 30 days.

Edited by Suradit69

I was going to start a new thread about this, which seems overkill so I'll ask it here.

A friend of a friend went to CW on Friday & was refused a 30 day extension to their TR visa. They were told that from now on CW will not be issuing 30 day extensions on both visa exemptions & TR visas. Seems a bit unlikely to me but I just thought I'd check if there had been any reports.

I was going to start a new thread about this, which seems overkill so I'll ask it here.

A friend of a friend went to CW on Friday & was refused a 30 day extension to their TR visa. They were told that from now on CW will not be issuing 30 day extensions on both visa exemptions & TR visas. Seems a bit unlikely to me but I just thought I'd check if there had been any reports.

Not true. It seems to be just hearsay to me.

I have seen no reports about it.

Extremely unlikely.

Sounds like a "tall tale" !

Stories about "friends of friends" should always be discounted and never repeated.

Look up "Chinese Whispers"