Need Wedding Ceremony Advice (non religious) - Udon Thani Area

coolhand53089

Hi all - My wife and I are living in Udon Thani. She is Thai & I'm American. We're already legally married by the amphur & the US Embassy and everything.

Now we want to do an actual ceremony. I'm trying to find out if there is anyone in the Udon Thani area who handles wedding services. I just want to make this as cheap as I possibly can, since I support both of us on my VA disability income. So I don't have money to do anything fancy.

We want it very small and private. She is maybe having like 5 people from her side, and I might have about 3 people coming from America (if I'm lucky). I don't want it to be religious at all in any way, as I personally do not believe in any kind of religion or monks or priests. Just a non-religious, very small, Very Cheap... wedding ceremony.

Can anyone please help me out, or direct me on where to go for this? I am also open to going to Koh Larn or something like that - but only if I can can keep it Very Low Budget. Give me some advice please.

Yeah, ideally I just want some kind of tourist style wedding. Very small and very cheap. I know they have people that handle that type of thing in Pattaya any way you like it. But I'm trying to see if I can do it closer to Udon Thani.

Definitely not looking for a Buddhist wedding, but I am open to the idea if it is inexpensive and quick. I'm more co concerned with having a wedding celebration. The ceremony is for my wife, but she wants to do a ceremony that I can enjoy too.

Would be great if we could do it on a beach. But very quick and very inexpensive are my key things. I am open to going near Pattaya or Koh Larn also. Just not expensive. I have no savings and a small monthly income from the VA.

only 5 from her side that will be worth seeing,and what about the village everyone turns up anyway.

just go to a buffet style all you can eat place and only book x-amount of seats.

good one by us[korat] 139bht.per person.

when me and mrs.meat got married 1989 15 of us went to TAMNAKTHAI bangkok.3750bht.plus tips.

Edited by meatboy

I know they have people that handle that type of thing in Pattaya any way you like it. But I'm trying to see if I can do it closer to Udon Thani.

Would be great if we could do it on a beach.

If you know people in Pattaya and want it on the beach then go to Pattaya - why are you talking about Udon ?

OP...you say you have no money...OK

But then you indicate you're willing to go to Pattaya/koh larn if need be .....Travel costs? Hotel? ceremony? and small party afterward?...with what that would cost you ....you can have the local monk (little if no cost) come to your home and bless your union...and then have the family/party guests cook the food ...you buy the beer. That's about as cheap as it's going to get...

Remember as others have said (in your other post) ...this is not about you ...its your wife's day

OP...you say you have no money...OK

But then you indicate you're willing to go to Pattaya/koh larn if need be .....Travel costs? Hotel? ceremony? and small party afterward?...with what that would cost you ....you can have the local monk (little if no cost) come to your home and bless your union...and then have the family/party guests cook the food ...you buy the beer. That's about as cheap as it's going to get...

Remember as others have said (in your other post) ...this is not about you ...its your wife's day

Good advice IMO. This type of village celebration goes on all the time so I'd bet someone close to your family can organise something in your house and order some drinks/eats locally.

Hope your globetrotting guests know what to expect .

Best of luck.

Edited by DILLIGAD

It is cheap as chips to have a morning village wedding ceremony where family does the cooking. Need not have much alcohol and YES various people in the village stop by, and maybe take some food to go. It will be a pittance, you will have some older people do a series of proper Thai motions and your "village wedding" could be over by 10am. In my case the wedding ceremony was not costly, but the on going costs of marriage and family life are not so inexpensive. Health care, education of children now that is still less money that America so I have no reason to complain. Those 9 monks were not big money and they had other affairs to attend that same morning. Everyone is different but the monk morning wedding and no night time party is a very inexpensive wedding ceremony.

We are having a Thai wedding in NongKhai with a caterer who sets up a marquee ,supplies food and drinks for 200 guests and this for only 100 000 baht ! Also includes the wedding attire and a band on stage.In SA this will cost me in excess of 400 000 baht.

Edited by Singharh

We are having a Thai wedding in NongKhai with a caterer who sets up a marquee ,supplies food and drinks for 200 guests and this for only 100 000 baht ! Also includes the wedding attire and a band on stage.In SA this will cost me in excess of 400 000 baht.

OK...so you have the money to pay for a nice wedding....Guessing you didn't read what the OP is trying to acheivewub.png ....ie a wedding that he can afford on his $700/month stipend and still pay his regular bills (food, rent, utilities etc). My guess is that he does not want to spend more than 5000 baht (if even that!)....

By the way ...have fun at your wedding as the cost of the wedding will be the cheapest part of your being married to a Thai womenwhistling.gif

OK...so you have the money to pay for a nice wedding....Guessing you didn't read what the OP is trying to acheivewub.png ....ie a wedding that he can afford on his $700/month stipend and still pay his regular bills (food, rent, utilities etc). My guess is that he does not want to spend more than 5000 baht (if even that!)....

By the way ...have fun at your wedding as the cost of the wedding will be the cheapest part of your being married to a Thai womenwhistling.gif

He gave a truthful answer. Why the sarcasm? A wedding party for 5000bahtcheesy.gif Even the poorest of the poor Thai wouldn't consider that appropriate. She hit the jackpot there.

He gave a truthful answer. Why the sarcasm? A wedding party for 5000bahtcheesy.gif Even the poorest of the poor Thai wouldn't consider that appropriate. She hit the jackpot there.

Sarcasm?gigglem.gifblink.pngbah.gif .....What are you on?

He may have given a truthful answer for HIS circumstances.....BUT that is not what the OP asked. Maybe you didn't read OP's post or the thread either....Just trolling to start and arguement?......Try and stay on Topic......this is NOT about the "poorest of the poor" Thai...

OP makes $700/month....HAS NO MONEY! especially money to waste on a Wedding party......AND, by the way, it will probably only include 7 people in TOTAL...so 5000 Baht is MORE than enough for a nice dinner and drinks for the groupwhistling.gif

OK...so you have the money to pay for a nice wedding....Guessing you didn't read what the OP is trying to acheive:wub: ....ie a wedding that he can afford on his $700/month stipend and still pay his regular bills (food, rent, utilities etc). My guess is that he does not want to spend more than 5000 baht (if even that!)....

By the way ...have fun at your wedding as the cost of the wedding will be the cheapest part of your being married to a Thai women:whistling:

He gave a truthful answer. Why the sarcasm? A wedding party for 5000baht:cheesy: Even the poorest of the poor Thai wouldn't consider that appropriate. She hit the jackpot there.

Sarcasm?gigglem.gifblink.pngbah.gif .....What are you on?

He may have given a truthful answer for HIS circumstances.....BUT that is not what the OP asked. Maybe you didn't read OP's post or the thread either....Just trolling to start and arguement?......Try and stay on Topic......this is NOT about the "poorest of the poor" Thai...

OP makes $700/month....HAS NO MONEY! especially money to waste on a Wedding party......AND, by the way, it will probably only include 7 people in TOTAL...so 5000 Baht is MORE than enough for a nice dinner and drinks for the group:whistling:

Yeah, I read the post correctly but just can't relate to only 7 people for a party.

In my small world that wouldn't be possible. Maybe I'm just jealous.