Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

"Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?"....perhaps he never had it.

The Khao Sod story also says the police injected him with a sedative to calm him down but it had little effect and most bizarrely,he tried to hang himself in the police cell with the rope/string from the straps on his trousers attached to the cell bars.

first time ive ever heard of thai police injecting people with a sedative

is that even legal ? and how would they know how much to inject to a crazed

maybe drug fueled or mentally ill farang ?

i would have believed they sedated him with a few doses of baton around the head

quicker than this bullshit ..

I don't know exactly what happened so I'll just venture a guess.

Guy hits the sauce after he hears his "fiancées" family demands and walks out.(smartest thing probably)

Guy downs a couple more drinks walking back to his hotel. A group of teenagers see a drunk whitey and decide to alleviate him of his mobile phone, wallet, and jewelry. Guy now feeling 10 foot tall and bulletproof decides to give the teens a good go for the money? The teens do not have baseball bats, machetes, rebar or other items "to level the playing field" so they call the police?

Just my guess, I was not there, were you?

You call that a rampage? Phfft.

There was an Aussie in BKK about 3-4 years ago; drunk, stole a cab while the driver ducked into a 7/11, joyrided for a bit, got chased and apprehended by the cops,

laid into them with bare fists.

took about 8 of em to get the guy down

He got carted away bloodied and bruised and missing one shoe

now THATS a rampage.

These pussys writing nowadays..giving rampages a bad name!

At least there is one farang which did not suck up to the TGF's Thai Families Bullshit and thus will still have his money in the bank without falling pray to these Thai trailer trash scams.

They most probably insisted on 1 Mill Baht sin sod for their worn out high mileage daughter and he told them to go get f***cked after he had a few cold ones .????

Good Man !!

Well, to play the slightly "bleeding heart"...maybe give the guy half a break? Sure, a bit of a 'newbie" to the LoS and, just maybe, someone with alcohol issues/mental instability...been through a major relationship break up (or 2?), and comes to Thailand with some sort of weird, naïve, delusional....gawd knows: even "romantic" expectation? Yep, could be talking about myself here :). How many posters here haven't also spoken of initial follies? For the rusted on/hardened flamers...OK...enjoy your self ordained senses of "superiority" lol As far as I can tell, the LoS is like a ballgame that gets played in a way IN NO OTHER WAY on the planet . It takes time to savvy up. This guy might just have escaped with a bad hangover, a bit of a reality kick and a lesson-well-learned . Who knows? Given the lenient way he was treated, maybe the winds of change might be starting to curl through some far flung corners of Thai officialdom cos over the last 6 months there's been a LOT of bad press about the scams (soft and hard) that are dealt out in situations like this.

As someone who is still VERY cautiously working through a situation with my Thai lady can I say the subterfuge is EXTRAORDINARY, the points of reference almost nil....the doubts and insecurities, the explanations that could almost seem likely...OMG! I have bailed, back in Oz, nothing really lost except some time really, BUT still just a shred of sanity. Reading about this bloke's story reminded me of when I gave up drinking in Oz for my GF for a month as a "sign" of my commitment to the relationship. Guess what she wanted to do as soon as I visited? Hit the local firewater. The manipulation is amazing. From the safe distance of "home", I can sometimes admire the ingenuity lol.

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

Do they leave their common sense at the airport?

Yes.

Meeting a girl in Pattaya and after a month wants ot marry her? Looking back I think he will be happy for the night in jail. Hopefully he will learn his lesson - he got out of it cheap.

As a side note, no offense, but who goes for meeting future in-laws for the first time wearing a wife-beater?

You do get them.