Wild elephants attack pet elephant in Chumphon

webfact

Wild elephants attack pet elephant in Chumphon

146-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHUMPHON: -- A 50-year-old pet elephant was seriously injured after it was assaulted by wild elephants in Tambon Haadyai of Lang Suan district of Chumphon province yesterday.

Villagers said they saw a herd of wild elephants coming out of the jungle to assault the female elephant at an orchard.

They tried to intervene but could not do so as the wild elephants were aggressive.

The pet elephant received serious wound on the stomach.

Chief of the Kuan Maeyai Mon wildlife sanctuary Mr Sophon Kruesai was alerted to look for the herd as he feared it would return again to the orchard looking for good and may attack villagers.

Wildlife sanctuary officials and veterinarian were now trying to cure the injured elephant as villagers feared it might die if no treatment was given.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wild-elephants-attack-pet-elephant-in-chumphon

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-21

I really hope it pulls through a 50 yo pet elephant doesn't deserve to go that way. They are a beautiful animal, very self-aware. It would have been very frightened. Too bad that Grizzly spray is not sold in Thailand. However spraying it into the face of a rampaging wild elephant is another thing. blink.png

P.S.If the elephant received serious wound on the stomach, why are they pointing to its head.

I really hope it pulls through a 50 yo pet elephant doesn't deserve to go that way. They are a beautiful animal, very self-aware. It would have been very frightened. Too bad that Grizzly spray is not sold in Thailand. However spraying it into the face of a rampaging wild elephant is another thing. blink.png

P.S.If the elephant received serious wound on the stomach, why are they pointing to its head.

Surely thats obvious. So that we are not mistaken about which elephant was attacked.

because remember the rules for thai photo shoots only require you to point at the person of interest or object of interest.

Also, he may be pointing to show everyone that it's an elephant ...blink.png

Surely thats obvious. So that we are not mistaken about which elephant was attacked.

How about a bear horn to scare it away

• 2 weeks later...

How about a bear horn to scare it away

Silly, bears don't have horns. A buffalo horn blown loudly might work, though.

• 4 weeks later...

because remember the rules for thai photo shoots only require you to point at the person of interest or object of interest.

Also, he may be pointing to show everyone that it's an elephant ...blink.png

I think he is pointing at a damaged ear.