Maintenance man for remote control gate closer

scorecard

System installed 3 years ago, installation team (PAT) arrived at agreed time to install, they seemed to be quite competent and efficient, all finished in maybe 3 hours.

Until recently worked perfectly. Five days ago not working, service man came late same day, he had very limited tools etc., and obviously was not familiar at all with the equipment. He called another guy who told him to check the sensors which quickly halt the opening / closing process if someone / something breaks the beam.

He quickly took out a small battery and instantly proclaimed it was dead.

We asked if he had a replacement in his pick up. No.

We asked if they had replacement batteries at their office (It's not a standard battery). Don't know. Can you call the office? Don't have their number. We found an old receipt and son called their office. No they don't stock replacement batteries. Son asked, where can I buy a replacement? Don't know.

Ultimate question, can any CM member please share the name & number of a good technician for this equipment.

Thanks.

On the possibility that what you do need is a new battery, go find one yourself first. Amon stocks a variety of batteries as does Power Buy, take your old one as an example. They do have batteries for gate remotes.

My gate, not PAT, has been well serviced by the people at 053 280 345 so you might call them if a new battery does not solve your problem.

Thanks, son is already trying Amorn today. Unfortunately we don't have the old battery. Son clearly told the maint. man to leave it it at our house but he took it away. Their office now saying the maint. man has lost the dead battery.

Later today my son will call the number you kindly shared.

Thanks.

You can try khun Suthin on 081 950 8605. He is currently installing an opener on our gates and seems like a reliable guy.

Hi Greenside, thanks for the name and number. My son is calling him early afternoon today.

I have some feedback about a certain school, I don't want to post it here in public, if you like I'll send a PM, but I'll wait for your indication.

Archived