Foreigner arrested over hit and run death of Thai man in Chachoengsao

webfact

Foreigner arrested over hit and run death of Thai man in Chachoengsao

s33.jpg
Image: Thairath.co.th

CHACHOENGSAO:-- A South Korean man has been detained by police following the death of a Thai man in Chachoengsao province.

Mr Nooparn Keangrit, 43, was found dead laying face down on the Bangpakong river bridge, Bangna–Trad road, with his heavily damaged motorbike located nearby.

Mr Nooparn, a market vendor, had been travelling to the nearby Bumroongdee Food Court at around 5.30am on Monday morning when the incident occurred, reports ThaiRath.

Eyewitnesses told police how they saw a bronze Chevrolet car being driven at high speed moments before Mr Nooparn was knocked off his bike.

Police arrested Mr Lee Wanje, 54, after he was found in his car more than 2 kilometres away from the scene of the accident.

Mr Lee admitted to police that he was invloved in the accident with Mr Nooparn, stating that the Thai man was driving on the wrong side of the road and had therefore been unable to avoid him.

Police are awaiting tests results to determine if Mr Lee had been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-21

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sympathy to the family of the Thai man. But as always If a Thai did this they would refuse to be arrested and things would be swept under the carpet. I think equal enforcement of the Law is needed in Thailand.

Nice to see how rational and well thought out the first comment was.

should have stopped though, even if he was in the right he should not have just kept going. If the dead man was on the wrong side of the road as stated it will be interesting to see what happens, police dont stop those doing this and it is breaking the law so all they should charge him with is leaving the scene of an accident unless he was drunk. Maybe if the police actually enforced the law so this sort of thing didnt happen it would make a difference, easier to blame a farang though than admit you are lazy.

A Korean woman working in Thailand ran into me last year while I was walking on the street near the sidewalk in Bangkapi.

Luckily she was in the act of parking or the contact could have been fatal. She took me to the hospital and paid for patching up my scrapes.

Maybe Koreans should not be allowed to drive in Thailand. I opted not to file a police report.

RIP to the market vendor. No sympathy for cowards fleeing an accident scene!

Anyone with a working brain will flee any accident scene in Asia, at least until the cops arrive.

I've seen a few lynchings and it's not a pretty scene. They beat, kick and chop first and ask questions later

The smartest, most humane and best thing is to stop and help in every case.
In the end it always turn out in your advantage if you stop and help.

I had an accident with a motorcycle driver that crossed the red light.
The guy was seriously injured.
There were no witnesses.
The motorcycle driver told the police he had green light.
The police told me: if you would be wrong you would not have stopped. The fact that you stopped and immediately went to help shows you're not wrong. So, the police said to the motorcycle driver he should not lie and he made him sign a report admitting he crossed the red light.

The police, the motorcycle driver and his father were all very polite. I immediately went to visit the guy in the hospital after the accident. No lynchings and such .... 555

Edited by kriswillems

My sympathy to the family of the Thai man. But as always If a Thai did this they would refuse to be arrested and things would be swept under the carpet. I think equal enforcement of the Law is needed in Thailand.

...and was is grossly wrong, fact- wise, oh-defender- of-everything-Thai?coffee1.gif

...and was is grossly wrong, fact- wise, oh-defender- of-everything-Thai?coffee1.gif

The odd case where someone has managed to "refuse" to be arrested has been the rich, powerful or famous, to say "If a Thai did this" as if no one Thai would be arrested for hit and run in a fatal accident is completely ludicrous.

The odd case where someone has managed to "refuse" to be arrested has been the rich, powerful or famous, to say "If a Thai did this" as if no one Thai would be arrested for hit and run in a fatal accident is completely ludicrous.

So, in your opinion, the law is equally enforced in Thailand?

Seen a lot of motor cyclists driving against the flow of the traffic and without lights. But still if the Korean drive at the normal allowable speed, the accident can be avoided. Doubt at that early morning, he will be drunk. More rushing to work like all expat Koreans.

The smartest, most humane and best thing is to stop and help in every case.

In the end it always turn out in your advantage if you stop and help.

I had an accident with a motorcycle driver that crossed the red light.

The guy was seriously injured.

There were no witnesses.

The motorcycle driver told the police he had green light.

The police told me: if you would be wrong you would not have stopped. The fact that you stopped and immediately went to help shows you're not wrong. So, the police said to the motorcycle driver he should not lie and he made him sign a report admitting he crossed the red light.

The police, the motorcycle driver and his father were all very polite. I immediately went to visit the guy in the hospital after the accident. No lynchings and such .... 555

Let me get this right, the MC rider lied to the police so you would get the blame, and then you go and visit him in hospital???? Have I missed something here?

Unless of course you visited him to give him a piece of your'e mind.

too many thais are roadkill waiting to happen

someone should tell granny you cant push your noddle cart accross the express way at the speed of a snail and expect traffic to stop

just because youve always did it that (wrong) way doesnt make it the fault of someone using the road properly

in this case i pity the foreigner as much as the victim ,he will be screwed whether he was in the right or not

i almost wiped out someone on a motorbike with no lights on wrong side of the road at about 1am this morning ,he was lucky i was on a bike as well

and managed to avoid him by a couple of inches

So, in your opinion, the law is equally enforced in Thailand?

I think there is less of a divide between all Thai's and foreigners than there is between some Thai's and everyone else.

..even though he was crossing a bridge...and could not avoid the bike driver on the wrong side of the road...

...as you see...he was sure that he had little options left to him...

...hit and run can never be condoned....

...this 'high speed'...for every foreigner that drives is a lot of hoakum though....

..sure they saw it was a foreigner...and sure they even followed him and reported his location...

...Thai on Thai would 'leave well enough alone'....

...Thai on foreigner....'nobody saw anything'....

too many thais are roadkill waiting to happen

someone should tell granny you cant push your noddle cart accross the express way at the speed of a snail and expect traffic to stop

just because youve always did it that (wrong) way doesnt make it the fault of someone using the road properly

in this case i pity the foreigner as much as the victim ,he will be screwed whether he was in the right or not

i almost wiped out someone on a motorbike with no lights on wrong side of the road at about 1am this morning ,he was lucky i was on a bike as well

and managed to avoid him by a couple of inches

Interesting that you see it as you having nearly wiped someone out rather than them nearly wiping you out and that it was him who was lucky not you.

Notice the "foreigner" gets breathalyzed , while lovely actress Anna Reese got 12 hours to go home comb her hair and Sober up after killing a copper in a parked car, sickening hypocrisy

"...got 12 hours to go home comb her hair and Sober up......."

I think you will find she also had to take a long hot shower and there were some kakky panties in need of laundering. Oh, sorry, being an actress, she would have had the maid take care of the underwear.