Am I stupid ? Or did I do something wrong ?

First, sorry for my bad spelling !!!

Last week I came back from my home country, and a friend gave me some money (EURO) to put in his wife's account.

I put the money on my KK bank account, and today, I transferded it to her Krungthai account.

They charged me 270 Baht for transfer !!!

Now I wonder, is this normal ?

Would it have been better to just take the money off my account and walk to the Krungthai bank and depossit it on her name ?

I blame nobody ( exept myself ) but would not like to make the same mistake again !

Any serious advice please.

Thank you all !

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

I get charged 200 baht for depositing large amount into my own account, at different bank location. I don't understand that one either.

they charge based on what province your money is being deposited / withdrawn from. Meaning if you deposit in province X and your branch is in province Y they will charge you for that. That is my understanding at least.

You said you deposited Euro which implies to me you have a foreign currency deposit (FCD) account. Then you transferred it to a KrungThai bank account and I'm going to assume that was a Thai baht account. Maybe you got hit with some fees associated with transfer from your FCD account and for most probably some transfer fees between banks especially if her bank branch is in a different province/region than your bank account.

Or maybe you mean you converted the Euro to baht before putting it into your Thai baht account and then you did a transfer. Then you are just dealing with bank-to-bank/branch-to-branch transfer fees...within province/region or out of province/region. Anyway, KK is the one to ask for the fee details.

I get charged 200 baht for depositing large amount into my own account, at different bank location. I don't understand that one either.

they charge based on what province your money is being deposited / withdrawn from. Meaning if you deposit in province X and your branch is in province Y they will charge you for that. That is my understanding at least.

That is also my experience,and done it many times but i always get charged 45 baht from x to y.

Thank you all for reply.

If ever I have to do it again, I will just take the money and have a little walk to the other bank.

In my opinion this is a lot of money for a simple transfer.

But now I am sure it was not another scam.

Have a nice live everyone.

Is your financial situation so precarious, that you would take the time to create this post over less than $8?

Is your live so sad, you feel the need to insult people that just ask a simpel question ?

No. My life is very happy and fulfilled. But I repeat, why post something about an $8 fee? Just learn from it and get on with things.

Is your financial situation so precarious, that you would take the time to create this post over less than $8?

Is your live so sad, you feel the need to insult people that just ask a simpel question ?

No. My life is very happy and fulfilled. But I repeat, why post something about an $8 fee? Just learn from it and get on with things.

It is very nice to know your life is very happy and fulfilled (with whatever) , but if you read my #8, you will see that I learned and am getting on with things.

Maybe it is ridiculous to ask a question over 270 baht on this forum, in that case, sorry for me, I am ridiculous!

Can I kindly request every person to who 270 baht is not worth talking abouth, to make a donation from 135 baht, to any annimal or orpfan helping foundation ?

Sorry again for asking any information.

No hard feelings.

Dear moderator,

Everything has been said abouth this topic.

Can you please close it ?

Thank you very much.

You lose perspective after living here awhile.

I went back to the states to visit and was looking for $1 meals, then feeling ripped off paying $5 for a fast food meal.

Edited by fey