Needing Thai mobile number BEFORE arrival and activation

aldo44

My old Thai number has expired, so I will need a new Sim card and new number.

DTAC offers the HappyTourist prepaid SIM card, order online, pay by credit card, pickup at Suvarbhumi.

Seems all straight forward, however ...

Before ordering I requested DTAC customer service if the Thai mobile number linked to this card

will be included in their email confirmation. The answer is NO.

I explained, I need to give this number to various contacts BEFORE arrival in Thailand.

The answer was NO again, because of the new SIM registration rules, the Sim card

will be activated and the number confirmed to me only after registration at Suvarnabhumi.

But what can go wrong if they give me the new number with their order confirmation?

I can't use the number anyhow before the card is activated.

Can someone advice me how to proceed to get my Thai number before arrival (2 Oct) ?

Some other websites offer Thai Sim cards (even through Amazone) with number,

but the risk is they won't work or will be disactivated on Sep.30.

Thanks for any help.

Aldo

Sorry, my current location is SWITZERLAND.

Meanwhile I have contacted TRUEMOVE, requesting them to reserve a Simcard for me at their Suvarnabhumi office, for me to pickup Oct 2, between 06:30 and 07:00 am., and to anticipate e-mail confirmation WITH the number, registration and activation only on the spot.

I have also written to my hotel, I remember nice lady at the receiption, asked her if she can get me a SIM card at 7-11 by presenting a copy of my passport.

Now standing by for any reply!

Perhaps telling of your current location might be of use..

I did, but this was the only reply:

I mean telling us here, within your thread.

Maybe just ask someone in Thailand to purchase a SIM for you, check the activation (even add some value, subscribe to a mobile data plan) register it and drop it off at your hotel? They can email your number so you have it.

I've done this for friends, family, colleagues. I also keep a SIM from each provider, loaded, with 12 months expiry and registered on-hand which I loan out to visitors.

Do you think that I could buy a SIM card in Switzerland and activate it in Thailand ? Of course not, the SIM has to be registered on the network and I seriously doubt if it can be activated using "roaming:

If you absolutely have to have a number the minute you land, enable roaming on your Swiss Phone and give everyone that number and then notify them of the new number when you get it