Japanese man dies after fall from Bangkok condo

webfact

This kid was my friend. I am the one that took him to Thailand. There is nothing suspicious about his fiance, (they were due to be married in a few weeks). He has a long history of psychological trouble and his job wasn't going well and apparently he thought he would not be able to live up to the expectations of a man to support his wife after marriage. I found out about this via TV news this morning. I am devastated. His parents took care of me after my own passed away while I was living in Japan. They are a beautiful family and his fiance's family is also wonderful. Now instead of coming to Thailand to marry off their son, they have to come here to bury him.

I have read emails he sent to his parents over the last few days that show a troubled soul. I am just so sad that he didn't call me to get advice. We were like brothers. Japanese culture values strength and 'hito ni meiwaku wo kakenai koto' (not troubling others). He wrote in his email to his father that he was in bad shape, but he was gonna "take care of everything" I just need time. And he requested that his father not say a word to the fiance.

Prior to his suicide, he withdrew all his money from his various accounts and prepared it for his fiancé. (Japanese are also prolific savers). His suicide note left no hint whatsoever of any relationship trouble, contrary to what Daily News reported. It just was a note from a depressed soul not being able to live up to the high standard of his surgeon father and two older sisters who are both doctors. RIP Yoshi. You were a beautiful, clever and positive person. I wish you would have called me...

This kid was my friend. I am the one that took him to Thailand. There is nothing suspicious about his fiance, (they were due to be married in a few weeks). He has a long history of psychological trouble and his job wasn't going well and apparently he thought he would not be able to live up to the expectations of a man to support his wife after marriage. I found out about this via TV news this morning. I am devastated. His parents took care of me after my own passed away while I was living in Japan. They are a beautiful family and his fiance's family is also wonderful. Now instead of coming to Thailand to marry off their son, they have to come here to bury him.

I have read emails he sent to his parents over the last few days that show a troubled soul. I am just so sad that he didn't call me to get advice. We were like brothers. Japanese culture values strength and 'hito ni meiwaku wo kakenai koto' (not troubling others). He wrote in his email to his father that he was in bad shape, but he was gonna "take care of everything" I just need time. And he requested that his father not say a word to the fiance.

Prior to his suicide, he withdrew all his money from his various accounts and prepared it for his fiancé. (Japanese are also prolific savers). His suicide note left no hint whatsoever of any relationship trouble, contrary to what Daily News reported. It just was a note from a depressed soul not being able to live up to the high standard of his surgeon father and two older sisters who are both doctors. RIP Yoshi. You were a beautiful, clever and positive person. I wish you would have called me...

Sorry for your loss of a good friend.

I hope that he will find peace in another world. RIP

I quote your post in the hope that it will stop all the often useless speculations which always abound when these tragic events occur.

Japanese man falls from Condominium room to his death

BANGKOK: -- A 35-year-old Japanese man was killed after he fell from his room on the 16th floor of a condominium building on Rama IX Road, police said.

Police believe that Yoshi-aki Thakita committed suicide by jumping down from his rented room of Lumpini Condominium at 9 pm Monday.

Police found a suicide note in his room together with a phone number of a Thai woman. His room remained tidy with no sign of foul play.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Japanese-man-falls-from-Condominium-room-to-his-de-30269305.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-09-22

Got to love Japanese. Even on death's door his kept his room in order.

His condo wasn't rented. His parents bought it for him and fiance to move into after they married. I have read the note. There was no indication of any fighting with his fiance. He said thank you to all the people that supported him and sorry to make trouble for everybody. He wrote his fiance's name and phone number, knowing they would call her after they discovered his body. His work wasn't going well.

A very fitting and sensitive post. Thank you.

ahha ! the thai wife again .......... !! property ? money ? her family ?

RIP.

Japan man.

Or perhaps suicide as suggested by the presence of a suicide note?

A suicide note in Japanese...

Nah, too simple, and it doesn't pander to one's prejudices.

Sorry for your loss. Don't blame yourself as he didn't call you and therefore you couldn't have known the depth of his troubles. RIP to your friend.

I'm sorry for your loss, it's specially tragic when such a thing is the result of a person not feeling to be up to the expectations of their families; I believe this is a relatively frequent occurrence in Japan. Japanese culture is very commendable in many ways, but the social pressure they can put on people to excel can be brutal; Thais are more easy going, to a fault one may say, and sounds like starting a new life here would have had a positive effect on him on the long run.

A few people close to me attempted or succeeded to commit suicide, going back to see what signs were missed and what could had been done or said is very difficult but it can help in the future. I took the lessons from my experiences to help out a friend that was harboring suicidal thoughts, it took long, almost daily talks over a year and a half to help her out of that situation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but don't torture yourself with what ifs, I'm sure your friend wouldn't have wanted you to suffer over his personal decision.

I'm sorry for your loss, it's specially tragic when such a thing is the result of a person not feeling to be up to the expectations of their families; I believe this is a relatively frequent occurrence in Japan. Japanese culture is very commendable in many ways, but the social pressure they can put on people to excel can be brutal; Thais are more easy going, to a fault one may say, and sounds like starting a new life here would have had a positive effect on him on the long run.

A few people close to me attempted or succeeded to commit suicide, going back to see what signs were missed and what could had been done or said is very difficult but it can help in the future. I took the lessons from my experiences to help out a friend that was harboring suicidal thoughts, it took long, almost daily talks over a year and a half to help her out of that situation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but don't torture yourself with what ifs, I'm sure your friend wouldn't have wanted you to suffer over his personal decision.

Thank you for that. The pressure was unspoken and very powerful for him. He was the son of a surgeon and a pianist, a brilliant but tortured soul. Both of his sisters were physicians. He graduated in physics and later studied Thai at Chula. The upcoming marriage and problems at work combined into a lethal combination for him.

I do hope they do a bit of handwriting analysis to see if he wrote the note.

what does thai police know about japanese suicide notes? a truck salesman is probably not poor.

maybe he was forced to write- i want to finish my life membership in the fitnessclub, and after the word life they have thrown him over the balcony.

A very fitting and sensitive post. Thank you.

I agree.Sorry for your loss.

Nothing is ever worth suicide. Learn to love adversity and always fight through.

That's one way of looking at it,the other one is:some people lose the will to fight and see nothing worth living for,and indeed fighting for in this life!

I doubt the two viewpoints will ever come close to understanding each other!

Edited by MAJIC