Auto Carpet Cleaning / Vacuum

1BADDAT

The carpet in my rental car got we in the flood. It is just moist but smells bad. I want to just get it vacuumed or shampooed, but everywhere I go they want to take the entire carpet out. I do not want to do that at this time, I just want to dry it up. Anyone know where I can get that service done in Pattaya? The places at BigC extra and the North Pattaya both said they wouldn't do it.

You could buy a wet and dry vacuum cleaner and DIY seen them in Macro and Hardware house superstores.

Or cheaper line carpet with cardboard boxes and rags/towels leave in full sun with windows and doors open

for a few days then before returning car to hire company lots of air freshener laugh.png

You could buy a wet and dry vacuum cleaner and DIY seen them in Macro and Hardware house superstores.

Or cheaper line carpet with cardboard boxes and rags/towels leave in full sun with windows and doors open

for a few days then before returning car to hire company lots of air freshener laugh.png

I took out the floor mats and used towels to dry up as much of the water as I could. I wish it was sunny today and I would do just that.

I looked at wet/dry vacs yesterday and they were 3k baht, the same price as having the carpet removed and cleaned. Problem is too I don't even have an outlet for me to plug the vacuum into when I get back to my condo.

Another idea as it is very overcast today you can get some nice smelling detergent and give the carpet a good dry as possible clean

then towel dry then setup a couple of floor fans to blow dry the carpet

you may have to buy, beg, borrow or steal an extension lead or leads and find somewhere with a power point.

or bit the bullet and let then take the carpet out what could possibly go wrong ????

My car got flooded Wednesday. I had it professionally cleaned. Carpets taken out, doors left open for a few days. Everything is perfect.

My neighbor just used a wet/dry vac. Remember, this water is super contaminated. His cars smells really, really bad. Even with deodorants being used. Very musty.

If your car was flooded, the carpets need to be taken out, cleaned, and fully dried out.

We had 2 couches and a bed soaked. We debated whether to try and just dry then out and keep them, or toss them. I did a fair amount of research and the general consensus was to toss them. So...mentioned this question to our maid. Her immediate words were moo kee. Pig poop. We've got a pig farm behind our village. So, you can imagine what was in the flood waters. Not good....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived