Husband dies, wife burnt alive after school bus crashes in Nonthaburi

webfact

Husband dies, wife burnt alive after school bus crashes in Nonthaburi

fi.jpg
image: Dailynews.co.th

NONTHABURI:-- A man and woman have died after a school bus crashed and caught fire in Nonthaburi early on Wednesday morning.

The crash happened when the right front tyre exploded as the double decker bus travelled along Ratchaphruek Road, on its way to pick up school children in Nonthaburi, reports Daily News.

Police and rescue workers arrived on the scene at around 5:20am to find the bus in flames in the middle of the road. Fire crews battled for nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.

The driver of the bus, Mr Nawatsat, 43, from Phetchaburi, was rushed to hospital with severe burns and two broken legs but died a short time later.

The badly burned body of a woman, believed to be the man's wife, Mrs Chonthita, 32, was also found in the wreckage.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-23

Why does tires explode? May it be to heavy pressurized? Thats normal in Thailand. I have seen people filling 60 psi in normal pickup tires, crazy.

No Maintenance checks for many many years,.... are you surprised about Face-safety Thailand ?????

Couple of points here

First condolences to the family and children of this horrendous accident.

Second blow outs happen and more frequently than you think in another life I drove HGV AND PCV lucky for me I only ever had one blow out and again Luckily it was in slow traffic in an Artic in London.

I have see loads of blow outs on lorries and cars on UK roads and that's with all the Vosa laws adhered to it happens. So armchair judging that tires must have been worn/not checked or over or under inflated just adds misery to the poor family involved here don't judge or speculate till you have the facts.

Edited by Sutty

A similar but more horrible accident happened with a bus full of travellers, I think it was about two years back. If the police would be smart, they would check the tire pressure of the remaining tires for irregularities, notably as 75% of all tire failures are caused by either under- or overpressure.

I took a van from Victory Monument to Pattaya on Sunday...driver made a fuel stop which is unusual in that direction. Before we left he discovered one of the front tires had a huge bubble...he had been driving quite fast too....I shudder to think what could have happened. He drove van very slowly to a roadside tire repair place....they jacked up front of van with 15 passengers still inside...Unbelievable.

Why does tires explode? May it be to heavy pressurized? Thats normal in Thailand. I have seen people filling 60 psi in normal pickup tires, crazy.

To low pressure causes tires to explode ( the rubber from the walls , friction, heats up fast and pressure rises to exploding level , overloaded tyre with standard pressure equals low pressure on standard tyre load)

Using re-treads perhaps?

Tryes can be leagaly re treaded as long as the grove depth is leagal and I have no idea if thailand has a leagal tyre depth.

They do have, but not enforced, obviously! I took my "bus" in for some minor work some time ago, and the garage mech told me that he would/could not pass its MOT with current tyres on! Told me to go buy replacements and he would fit them!

Truck tyres can be recapped up to 4 times if the cases are in good condition

In Oz my trucks all ran new steer tyres and the drive tyres were capped once

After that you can have a blow out due to weakened side wall

Here they don't care and do what they like

The final result in this case is 2 dead

The kids were the lucky ones this time