Do they ever grow up?

senor123

Coming to Thailand and expecting intellectual stimulation from your girl is the same as ordering food and expecting it to be as you ordered. Doesn't happen here!

You're obviously eating in very cheap restaurants and hanging out with very cheap women. And they are probably wondering why they are hanging out with someone who has to stereotype and pigeon hole everything in order to try and understand the world, and then claims they're an expert by making sweeping statements.

Thank heavens you can explain your insights to us all

Kayahammer ~ For heaven sake, man! Get off from your high-horse! That sarcastic reply was totally uncalled for. Shame on youcoffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60% of relationship breakups are due to Facebook.

Social media effects a person in the same manner as a drug addict! In China, you can claim internet addiction as a disability.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/facebook-addiction-activates-same-brain-areas-drugs-how-social-media-sites-hook-you-320252

Personal I don't date anyone that drinks all the time or suffer from 'social media addition.'

Not long ago I would come home from a meal out with the missus, she would close the door and then proceed to tell me what I should not have said at the table with our friends, scolding me for not understanding Asian culture. This would escalate a bit until she was flying around the room thrashing her arms and legs around, knocking stuff over and hurling abuse at me,, so a normal end to the night for most with an Asian girlfriend.

Then bought her a tablet and Facebook entered her life, now she walks in closes the door and disappears peacefully into her cyber world reading crap about people she does not know,, thank heaven for Facebook.

Personally, I find that reading stuff abut people that I never gave ten sh*ts about a depressing way to live, and I do not need to see a picture of the Macdonalds meal that someone I barely know had for dinner.

Yeah. Having someone 'flying round the room' and thrashing their arms and legs around, shouting abuse at you and knocking things over isn't anywhere close to a normal end of a night for most people with an 'Asian girlfriend'.

That's not normal behaviour at all.

I wasn't actually being serious about that point, it is my English humour, forget where I am sometimes, I apologise if it offended you. My Asisn girlfriend is a sweetheart but she does bury herself in Facebook from time to time.

I appear to have lost the ability to spot a joke :( Apologies.

I really love Thais for all their good attributes, but really the face thing pi$$es me off so much.

Maybe thats why they love FACEbook so much. There they can BS as much as they want, post glamorous looking photos ect. and pretend to be whoever they want. If someone should dare infringe on the fantasy..then look out.

As far as the OPs issue and his girl, that is classic face behaviour. Some things you do in their company (by example) after many years, can rub off on them..like not taking yourself so serious and being able to make a joke at your own expense

BUT you will never be able to erase the Face thing.

Its burnt into the hard drive.

When will Thai women grow up?

Forget it. When they are 14 they can have the maturity of a 18y.o but thats where they stay for life.

The last Gf i lived with..38y.o..

wont eat vegetables, wont eat salad, wanders around in daze, leaves fridge doors open regulary, never turns of lights, leaves taps not completely turned off regulary, constantly loosing TV remote control.

most days i would be sweeping up tissues and toothpicks she casually throws on the floor..on and on...

reminds me of how i drove my mother crazy when i was a teen. Maybe my kharma.555

You sound like a sensible guy soooo what was the big attraction? Need I ask? At least one of your heads was happy well for a while anyways.

Well, when one first comes to Thailand it all seems perfect does it not?

And in the start, having a Thai gf can be very beneficial in a lot of everyday situations.

If she is slim, sexy, and has a car, then your are set, or so you think.

But when you are hanging around certain company you can watch your money fly out the window as fast as you can blink.

When you become a little more self sufficient, read Thai and have improved language skills you start to see things a little different.

The way i see it now is thus.. if i continued to throw around money with reckless abandon it would only be a matter of time before i am forced to go home and work again.

On a 10 year plan, id rather live alone in Thailand and make my own choices how to live than go back home and join the rat race

There was one of these news stories few years ago where a man got killed for no reason. The culprit was quoted as saying to paraphrase "a man can be jailed but he cannot be INSULTED. Gunning a man down over an insult. I on the other hand would do anything to avoid losing my freedom. Thainess.