Non-immigrant O Visa Extension

hi,

I managed to get a non-immigrant O visa from Penang without needing to have the 400,000 in a Thai bank. I gave them my Australian bank account statement which showed withdrawals made in Thailand over the past three months and a balance of only about 130,000 baht. I'm just wondering if it's going to be difficult getting the extension? Will I need to show them my bank statements again and could I get away with having around the same balance in the account which will be topped up on a regular basis from a source in Australia as I make the withdrawals here as I have before? Am supporting my 5 months old daughter and her mum. Really hope it's not going to be a hassel or an impossibility getting this extension. Any knowledge on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The Thai birth certificate with your name on it should have been the only requirement to obtain a non immigrant visa. To extend that visa is not going to be so easy however as I take it from your post you are not married to the mother and do not have official custody of the child. And yes, the money will be closely checked on an extension of stay request. You will have to talk with immigration on the actions to take but they are not keen on ATM slips from my understanding.

Nothing is impossible; but it may be a hassle.