Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2015-16

SantiSuk

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you like to trash our owners but that is probably your most ridiculous post yet Chic. Khaldoon Al Mubarak, who basically makes all the decisions on Mansour's behalf, is one of the most level headed articulate gentlemen there is and every decision he makes is to improve the club. If we do land Pep (and I hope we do), it's because we all believe Pep can take us to the next step and not to "get one over" on someone else.

Don't argue with 30 years experience of dealing with the ruling families MrBo.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

51fPMdbxWYL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting!

So according to Guardiola yesterday he stated that he hasn't decided where he's going yet

but has had several offers from England.

"I want to experience a new city and I want to work in England. I have several offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet," he said.

"I have an opportunity to work in England. I'm at the right age and I feel it is the right move for me.

Here's the full article:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35234602

I'm sure Abramovich will be rubbing his hands this morning thinking of his next move in this game of chess.

Barcelona, Munich, ...... Manchester. Doesn't have a progressive feel to it as far as life style and career is concerned.

I see all that northern asuredness, but I just wonder whether he might be tempted by Chelsea (or even Arsenal if we were seen to be failing due to no decent acquisitions - he might just ask Arsene who might find it a saving grace legacy).

Yes I know that Cheshire is better than Surrey or Hertfordshire, but Manchester the city is no way as much a draw as the greatest city on earth. I say that as a northener myself - no way would I live in London now, but I would feel I had not tested myself if I had not had at least a significant career chunk in it!!

You Mancs can tell-me-so latersmile.png

he's still going to city.

You may be right Stevie, but i find it strange that he is willing to make a statement like that,

if behind the scenes he has already committed to City, it doesn't make sense.

If that is the case, he should have just kept quiet, instead of offer himself as being available.

I think nothing is concrete as yet, and he could be going to any of the mentioned clubs in the article.

Barcelona, Munich, ...... Manchester. Doesn't have a progressive feel to it as far as life style and career is concerned.

I see all that northern asuredness, but I just wonder whether he might be tempted by Chelsea (or even Arsenal if we were seen to be failing due to no decent acquisitions - he might just ask Arsene who might find it a saving grace legacy).

Yes I know that Cheshire is better than Surrey or Hertfordshire, but Manchester the city is no way as much a draw as the greatest city on earth. I say that as a northener myself - no way would I live in London now, but I would feel I had not tested myself if I had not had at least a significant career chunk in it!!

paris?

Paris = loveliest

Bangkok = raunchiest

Hong Kong = best long weekend break city (close call on Istanbul)

Tokyo = strangest (in an interesting way)

London = greatest all-round and best for business/career

Love New York and Buenos Aires too. Many Frenchmen, Parisians included, will tell you that France/Paris would be the greatest if it were not for the French!

Reflects my British bias of course. I'll grant you Stevie that according to some learned article I just read about emigration of Spanish-born people, the most are living in France, followed by Germany, followed by UK (half that of France at approx 70,000) followed by Latin America then US. Might be more UK weighted if there was a survey of which countries do Spaniards go to for work experience! English language is a big draw, as anyone who lives on the south coast (language schools proliferate) will tell you

i lived in london for 12 years mate and you couldn't pay me enough to live there again now. it's having its heart and soul ripped out by commerce and over-development.

i always liked toulouse in france, that's a cool city. always liked edinburgh as well, though the weather's a ballache there of course. san francisco was my favourite in the US. and liverpool is a bloody fantastic city these days.

he's still going to city.

You may be right Stevie, but i find it strange that he is willing to make a statement like that,

if behind the scenes he has already committed to City, it doesn't make sense.

If that is the case, he should have just kept quiet, instead of offer himself as being available.

I think nothing is concrete as yet, and he could be going to any of the mentioned clubs in the article.

Statement like what?

He has stated he wants to manage in Premiership AND he hasnt signed an agreement as yet.

I believe he agreed in principle some time ago to come to City and will sign a 3 yr contract.

It absolutely makes sense to say what he has said, because if he made a statement saying he has agreed a deal already, it would look bad from Bayerns point of view, as he is still under contract with them. And it would make Pellegrinis situation untenable.

In fairness to Bayern he has had to come out and publicly say he is moving, to allow them the opportunity to find a suitable replacement.

He has simply said he has received offers and he hasnt committed.

Exciting times ahead for Cityclap2.gif

In fairness to Bayern he has had to come out and publicly say he is moving, to allow them the opportunity to find a suitable replacement.

Thought they had announced somewhere that Carlo Ancelotti is replacing him

They have. I was referring to his original statement couple of weeks ago when he said he wasnt renewing his contract. Fair to Bayern to give them time to replace him.

Yesterday, basically saying he needs new challenge etc etc. I think it was a reasonable statement. I didnt see it as putting himself in the shop window at all. I am absolutely convinced the decision has already been made and he is City bound.

Thought they had announced somewhere that Carlo Ancelotti is replacing him

They have. I was referring to his original statement couple of weeks ago when he said he wasnt renewing his contract. Fair to Bayern to give them time to replace him.

Yesterday, basically saying he needs new challenge etc etc. I think it was a reasonable statement. I didnt see it as putting himself in the shop window at all. I am absolutely convinced the decision has already been made and he is City bound.

Managers and players get put in an impossible situation by the press who poke and tease with leading questions determined to get any kind of snippet they can twist into a story. I thought he said as little as he could get away with and yet still not giving anything away.

Sure hope that you are right about him coming to us but until he signs I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed. Exciting times indeed, if he does.

It'll be interesting to see where Pellegrini ends up after the season. I'm sure many clubs would be happy to have him. Also, he's not getting any younger and is around the age many managers drift off to an NT. Chile ? England if Hodgson stubs his toe in the Euro's ?

Not sure Guardiola looks like a long term prospect for anyone. 3 or 4 years then off to pastures new (USA very likely). Can someone tell me why Mark Hughes isn't up for consideration for the Chelsea and Man Utd jobs? QPR apart, he has done extremely well on limited budgets.

London is a shithole Santi...I went there to shag birds, take drugs and dance till midday. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Real classy stuff from Mourinho, the sort of behaviors i'd expect from him.

Following his letter to Old trafford stating why he is right for the job (that hasn't even been advertised) he now stats to the media that he is confident of being United manager next season.

Perhaps he's forgotten that theres a manager incumbent that is perhaps worthy of a little respect?

I think he will get the job and i'll say it now....i think it will be a mistake. He is already the architect of two squad revolts and his rude abrasive and at times disgraceful behavior is not worthy of a club like Manchester United. oh, and you'll probably be playing really crap football too under the "toxic one".

i'd be furious as a valencia fan. fourth or fifth biggest club in spain, great history, owner appoints a mate of his as manager who has literally never managed a team and who doesn't speak the language. it's disgusting really.

Archived