Defector wants to return to North Korea

webfact

Defector wants to return to North Korea
by Will Ripley, CNN

Pyongyang, North Korea (CNN)Of the tens of thousands of North Koreans who have fled to South Korea since the Great Famine of the late 1990's, only a rare few have ever asked to return.

Kim Ryon Hui is one of them. The Pyongyang dressmaker -- turned North Korean defector -- says she is trapped in South Korea and desperate to return to her family.

Before defecting in 2011, Kim lived a relatively upscale life by North Korean standards. Her husband is a doctor and the family recently received a new, larger apartment from the government.

Kim in South Korea and her family in North Korea spoke to CNN about her case.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/23/asia/north-south-korea-defector-family/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2015-09-24

"Pyongyang, North Korea (CNN)Of the tens of thousands of North Koreans who have fled to South Korea since the Great Famine of the late 1990's, only a rare few have ever asked to return."

Misleading. While it is true that few ASK to return, the fact remains that many wish to return.

Seastallion: The rest of the family being punished for one's 'crimes' was ordered to be stopped under Kim Jong Il's 1996 (If I recall correctly) "Do not make internal enemies" edict.

Usually no problem getting into NK- its the getting out that sometimes is an issue. I remember the case of the 80 year old American who came in on a tour and was held for some time. He apparently had been an Officer who served during the Korean War . They eventually let him go after an apology. I don't think most people would enjoy the nightlife. It is the direct opposite of Thailand's nightlife. I hear a big night out is a few beers and listening to an all girl singing group belting out revolutionary songs about their glorious leader. And no-you cannot bar fine them!

Edited by Thaidream

Usually no problem getting into NK- its the getting out that sometimes is an issue. I remember the case of the 80 year old American who came in on a tour and was held for some time. He apparently had been an Officer who served during the Korean War . They eventually let him go after an apology. I don't think most people would enjoy the nightlife. It is the direct opposite of Thailand's nightlife. I hear a big night out is a few beers and listening to an all girl singing group belting out revolutionary songs about their glorious leader. And no-you cannot bar fine them!

Depending on where you stay, drinking, karaoke, bowling, gambling and other services are available.

Some demented woman Wants to go Back!

Wow whats the issue, let her go.

How people can be so messed up.

Haha...I know, its a joke ...and I fell for it....hehe

Regards

She's hardly demented, her family is there and they clearly mean much to her. I guess some people would go back to such a country for those that they love.

I don't have problem with swinging to great leader tunes or praising glorious leader its the can not barfine them that bothers me (its just wrong). Also we are not allowed to rent motorbike and explore as the north koreans keep the nightclub areas to themselves and do not want farang there . I can imagine rich nightclub owners in Dprk shelling out an extra buck to government guides to not show people around the bar areas lol.