Thai police spokesman Prawut suspects Karadag to be yellow-shirt bomber

webfact

Prawut suspects Karadag to be yellow-shirt bomber

y.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai investigation team probing the deadly bomb attack at Erawan shrine is now turning to one of the arrested two bomb suspects they suspected to be the wanted yellow-shirt bomber following unconfirmed reports that he has confessed to be the wanted bomber.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said today that there was high possibility that Adem Karadag or Mohammed Bilaturk might be the yellow-shirt man shown in the video footage.

His comment came after latest report said Karadag has confessed to bring the Erawan shrine bomber.

The police spokesman said he suspected Karadag to be the shrine bomber from the first day of his arrest at an apartment room in Minburi district.

He said the bomber might disguise his face before entering the area to plant bomb.

But this theory needed to be confirmed by the investigation team or to interrogate him further today.

He said he would personally join the investigation team to interrogate Karadag at the 11th Infantry Regiment barrack soon.

Karadag was first said to be the person who helped to assemble bombs for use in the Erawan Shrine bombing.

Initial DNA examination of Karadag did not match the DNA samples of the yellow-shirt bomber collected from the scene, and from tuk-tuk and motorcycle taxi he travelled to the scene and escaped.

Retest of the DNA samples will be conducted again following report that he has confessed to be the yellow-shirt bomber.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prawut-suspects-karadag-to-be-yellow-shirt-bomber

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your DNA magically change when you confess to something? blink.png

If it didn't match the first time, it *shouldn't* match the second time.

And if it does? Then somethings not right in the kitchen.

Maybe they plan to test the rest of the 20 baht notes that the driver had in his possession at the time?

And then again, maybe not. IMO, DNA testing is vastly over rated in circumstances like this where people are clutching at straws over such a long time frame.

So this guy has completed changed his story now? There were long reports in the major English newspapers in which he detailed his entire trip...basically he was using smugglers to try to get to Malaysia for a truck driving job and happened to just be in the wrong place (the smugglers apt) at the wrong time (police acted on a tip and raided it). It was pretty convincing IMO. Then you have the fact the DNA doesn't match him...anywhere. But now there is an "unconfirmed report" that he has confessed?? Ho hum, another day in Thailand.

Whether this guy's guilty or innocent...he's screwed for possibly being in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

If Prawut suspects guilt......then I would imagine that's enough!.............

Even a kangaroo court would surpass these clowns!

A couple of weeks in Thai prison with "interrogation" can make you confess anything!

I don't trust the RTP to do a good job trying to solve this just like the Koh Tao murder, they are just finding scapegoats!

I don't trust the RTP anyway as I know many of them personally and they are among the biggest lairs, cheaters, lawbreakers I have ever meet!!!

Does your DNA magically change when you confess to something? blink.png

If it didn't match the first time, it *shouldn't* match the second time.

And if it does? Then somethings not right in the kitchen.

Maybe they plan to test the rest of the 20 baht notes that the driver had in his possession at the time?

And then again, maybe not. IMO, DNA testing is vastly over rated in circumstances like this where people are clutching at straws over such a long time frame.

"Then somethings not right in the kitchen."

Nothing has been right in that particular kitchen - ever.

The police had to get this guy to confess one way or another... otherwise someone might have asked them to give back the 3 million baht reward !!!

Sorry But your kind of stupid sxxx stirring post is what puts TV posters in the eyes of Thailand down. Just one question how often do you clean your keyboard a day?

My veiw is this a too serious matter to take the piss Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.

The police had to get this guy to confess one way or another... otherwise someone might have asked them to give back the 3 million baht reward !!!

Sorry But your kind of stupid sxxx stirring post is what puts TV posters in the eyes of Thailand down. Just one question how often do you clean your keyboard a day?

My veiw is this a too serious matter to take the piss Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.

My view is that people who listen to anything the RTP have to say hoping to fathom the truth are too trusting. There is no way this guy was the bomber or someone would have positively ID'd him by now. And who cares what anyone in Thailand thinks of the free thinkers on Thai Visa, there is more truth and knowledge shared here than in any Thai newspaper.

My view is that people who listen to anything the RTP have to say hoping to fathom the truth are too trusting. There is no way this guy was the bomber or someone would have positively ID'd him by now. And who cares what anyone in Thailand thinks of the free thinkers on Thai Visa, there is more truth and knowledge shared here than in any Thai newspaper.

I want to know when do they give back the 3 million baht reward.

RTP : Might, Maybe, Could be, May .... We all know it by now ... they are clueless as usual but what can we expect from a Policeforce that has never actually done any policework ...

So clueless that they have made several arrests and the investigation is ongoing.

Do you think 'Thailand' reads Thai Visa?

For a police force with the reputation of the RTP, it's actually a very valid point.

Retest the DNA then we will re arrange is DNA I have a Police officer who can do it

This investigation is becoming a Farce . With 20 people dead the police cannot get out of their own way to do

a proper investigation

Every move they make shows they are KEY STONE COPS totally unprofessional.

The international community is laughing at them

So they don't even know who planted the bomb, yet they felt it prudent to give themselves the 3 million reward before anyone is actually found guilty.

Why are they allowed to do this without any backlash from whoever is in charge ?. That 'reward' did a huge amount of damage to the reputation of the country.

And why have the press dropped the story ?. It seems they know to avoid angering certain groups - usually ones which involve people of the crimson variety.

Prayuth should have nipped this in the bud - but it's clear by now the RTP are so rotten right to the very top, he simply cannot stand up to these people on his own.

I want to know when do they give back the 3 million baht reward.

Sorry, but the RTP has a long standing policy of not issuing refunds.

Police unsure Karadag is the yellow-shirted bomber

2051-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police are not definitely sure that the detained suspect, Adem Karadag, and the Erawan Shrine’s yellow-shirted bomber are the same man despite the suspect’s confession, said the national police chief, Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuang, on Thursday.

He said that police responsible for interrogating Karadag had always have doubt from the beginning about the suspect’s testimonies which are self-contradictory and had tried to search for more evidences to challenge his testimonies.

The latest piece of evidence is a video clip taken from a restroom at Lumpini park showing a man who looks like Karadag in front of the toilet not long after the bomb explosion at the Erawan Shrine on August 17.

The police chief maintained that police investigators were on the right track from the beginning but, sometimes, news reports have caused distractions.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister in charge of security Gen Prawit Wongsuwan confirmed that the report that Karadag was the real bomber could not be verified but he was optimistic that the suspected bomber would be caught soon.

Karadag’s lawyer, Mr Chuchart Kanpai, said he client had denied any involvement in the bomb blast all along and the press report that he had confessed had to be double-checked with his client.

Personally, he said he did not believe the report as Karadag was smaller than the suspected bomber.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-unsure-karadag-is-the-yellow-shirted-bomber

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-24