Looking to buy laying hens

Kularion

Looking to buy 200 - 300 laying hens and few rosters (preferably Rhode Island Red, Leghorn, Plymouth Rock) but can be other good laying breed. 4 - 5 months old.
Preferably in Phayao, Lampang, Chiang Rai, Chaing Mai area.
Please contact me on PM

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Darius

post-175342-0-89076500-1443071284_thumb.

post-175342-0-78781500-1443071299_thumb.

post-175342-0-81298800-1443071387_thumb.

Maybe you have a look here. Website for agriculture produkt. But in thai, but we are in Thailand.

Here the part for Layer:

http://market.taradkaset.com/23/04/%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88/

If you go to the Mainpage

http://market.taradkaset.com/

On the left site from the page the are all the Provinces written. You can search also by Provinze.

Facebook have also some People who like to sell Chickens.

ไข่ไก่ = Layer

put this together with your provinze name in google and you will see what you get.

Allgeier

Maybe you have a look here. Website for agriculture produkt. But in thai, but we are in Thailand.

Here the part for Layer:

http://market.taradkaset.com/23/04/%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88/

If you go to the Mainpage

http://market.taradkaset.com/

On the left site from the page the are all the Provinces written. You can search also by Provinze.

Facebook have also some People who like to sell Chickens.

ไข่ไก่ = Layer

put this together with your provinze name in google and you will see what you get.

Allgeier

Thanks a lot I will look into this today thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I have isa brown and hyline chickens and they lay 300-330 hi quality 60-90 gram eggs per year, they eat no more than 150 gms of laying pellets per day and will produce grade one eggs for the first 18 months.

I've just bought 150 (whole flock) 10 months old ISA Brown hens from one woman (100 THB per hen). They are in pretty bad shape in my opinion - bad quality food and not really clean coop (but they looks happy) so I will have to first of all dust them all and maybe apply some Ivermectin for parasites. And make them some special food on the beginning (proteins and calcium) of course.

I bought also 50 beautiful RIR hens and 3 roosters (120 THB per hen) from my neighbor who decided to keep only Thai chickens.

There gonna be still space for around 100 chicks but no rush ;)

Btw does anyone know where I can buy fresh Stinging Nettle in Thailand?

I have isa brown and hyline chickens and they lay 300-330 hi quality 60-90 gram eggs per year, they eat no more than 150 gms of laying pellets per day and will produce grade one eggs for the first 18 months.

I've just bought 150 (whole flock) 10 months old ISA Brown hens from one woman (100 THB per hen). They are in pretty bad shape in my opinion - bad quality food and not really clean coop (but they looks happy) so I will have to first of all dust them all and maybe apply some Ivermectin for parasites. And make them some special food on the beginning (proteins and calcium) of course.

I bought also 50 beautiful RIR hens and 3 roosters (120 THB per hen) from my neighbor who decided to keep only Thai chickens.

There gonna be still space for around 100 chicks but no rush wink.png

Taking good care, feeding nutritious feed and proper management can prevent almost all types of illnesses and diseases and provide healthy chooks and eggs.

Ar they going to be free range or gaged, either way keeping their laying and sleeping areas clean is very important.

I would recommend feeding them with layer pellets as their main food, with green veges and grains as a supplementary food, grated carrot is excellent for them and will give nice dark orange colored and flavorsome egg yolks.

Get rid of any mites or lice a few on the birds is ok and normal but you need to avoid an outbreak /infestation.

Treat your birds for worms also, you can feed them garlic regularly as well as a generic wormer that you add to their water.

Things to look out for and preventative maintenance items would be;

Rickets,

You said they wern't fed well so ,rickets disease due to lack of vitamin D or proper ratio of calcium and phosphorus in their regular feed and you will know if they have it by, thin shelled eggs and lameness.

Fatty Liver Syndrome,

Also if the food was high in Carbohydrates e.g feeding the chooks with rice and corn, which is what most Thai's do, will greatly reduce the life of the bird and the eggs quality will be low.

If your chickens look sick and miserable, not active/eating/drinking, has blood in their poo and exhibits other symptoms as listed here it is often safe to assume they have coccidiosis so you will have to treat all of them with a coccidiocidal medication.

What do you want stinging nettle for? if you get it on you, you will experience the same as falling into a nest of bees

Some of chicks I just bought... Tomorrow they move to the new home (Y)

post-175342-0-19377600-1443513653_thumb.

post-175342-0-67823700-1443513828_thumb.

post-175342-0-69835300-1443514085_thumb.

post-175342-0-22507900-1443514489_thumb.

post-175342-0-46619200-1443514736_thumb.

post-175342-0-48356400-1443514914_thumb.

post-175342-0-35245000-1443515069_thumb.

post-175342-0-92560800-1443515237_thumb.

Taking good care, feeding nutritious feed and proper management can prevent almost all types of illnesses and diseases and provide healthy chooks and eggs.

Ar they going to be free range or gaged, either way keeping their laying and sleeping areas clean is very important.

I would recommend feeding them with layer pellets as their main food, with green veges and grains as a supplementary food, grated carrot is excellent for them and will give nice dark orange colored and flavorsome egg yolks.

Get rid of any mites or lice a few on the birds is ok and normal but you need to avoid an outbreak /infestation.

Treat your birds for worms also, you can feed them garlic regularly as well as a generic wormer that you add to their water.

Things to look out for and preventative maintenance items would be;

Rickets,

You said they wern't fed well so ,rickets disease due to lack of vitamin D or proper ratio of calcium and phosphorus in their regular feed and you will know if they have it by, thin shelled eggs and lameness.

Fatty Liver Syndrome,

Also if the food was high in Carbohydrates e.g feeding the chooks with rice and corn, which is what most Thai's do, will greatly reduce the life of the bird and the eggs quality will be low.

If your chickens look sick and miserable, not active/eating/drinking, has blood in their poo and exhibits other symptoms as listed here it is often safe to assume they have coccidiosis so you will have to treat all of them with a coccidiocidal medication.

What do you want stinging nettle for? if you get it on you, you will experience the same as falling into a nest of bees

Thanks a lot for all advice's :)

I will most definitely take them under consideration and as I'm new to this business I have still a lot to learn.

Those birds I said they weren't feed well are missing feathers next to the tail (almost whole flock) but I take few of them and checked for parasites - haven't spot any (I will treat them with DE and wooden ash bath anyway and special place for them to take bath themselves is ready - 75m2 coop and 240m2 running space) so my conclusion was that this can be because of poor food and maybe they pick each other (but entire flock?).

And Stinging Nettle? I'm from Poland and I used to have contact with this plant thousands of times when I was kid. Not once burn me like hell... But in my country people give this to the chickens to eat. Special old timers (like my granny for example) who keeps chickens with out fancy food etc but chickens was happy and healthy and gave eggs always :) I remember as today like my granny mixed cut stinging nettle with boiled eggs and gave to small chicks which she hatched herself

Regards.

Archived