Thai Tourist Police Division Commander says security tightened in major tourist areas

webfact

Commander of the Tourist Police Division says security tightened in major tourist areas

tr.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 September 2015 (NNT)- The Commander of the Tourist Police Division, Police Major General Suprapone Arunsit has issued advice that tourist police, security officials and local police are being deployed to various tourist sites following the bomb blasts at Ratchaprasong and Sathorn, in a determined bid to ensure safety for residents and tourists.

Some of the sites with tightened security include the Erawan Shrine, Siam Paragon Department Store, and Central World Department Store, as well many other major tourist destinations.

The police commander revealed that the tourist situation has started to return to normal, with many reassured about the security situation.

Tourist police have created and issued the “Thailand Tourist Trips and Tips AR Book” application, which provides tourists with information about Thailand’s tourist destinations, and cultural traditions, as well as tourist police contacts. The application is available in Thai, English and Chinese.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-24 footer_n.gif

I am confused. The police just made a news statement that the bombing wasnot an act of terrorism. So why the tightened security? Is someone lieing?

NEVER lying - just a failure to understand what they are saying and meaning, by those who make the pronouncements - that is all. TITS whistling.gif

I am confused. The police just made a news statement that the bombing wasnot an act of terrorism. So why the tightened security? Is someone lieing?

There has to be a misunderstanding on our part as readers of what the government is telling us.

1. There really are no terrorist in Thailand, but there are as was stated by the government, some people who set off bombs as an act of revenge. When you think about the number of Thais that go off the deep end seeking revenge when there is a loss of face, then there is going to be a lot of revenge going around so the extra measures by the police are for that.

2. Maybe someone in government who writes these speeches is a little confused in the understanding of the difference between the words terrorist and tourist.

So I'm sure it is all just a misunderstanding on our part.

What western ppl understand about truth is often not the same in Asia. I would say, they just forgot to tell the complete truth. gigglem.gif

There has to be a misunderstanding on our part as readers of what the government is telling us.

1. There really are no terrorist in Thailand, but there are as was stated by the government, some people who set off bombs as an act of revenge. When you think about the number of Thais that go off the deep end seeking revenge when there is a loss of face, then there is going to be a lot of revenge going around so the extra measures by the police are for that.

2. Maybe someone in government who writes these speeches is a little confused in the understanding of the difference between the words terrorist and tourist.

So I'm sure it is all just a misunderstanding on our part.

Just the same as usual! passifier.gif

You cannot understand because you are not thai cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I remember some old books for example the Edda are written in Methaphers, caused in old times a lot of ppl was illiteral and all the stories was told oral in this style. Maybe this is somethings like this, we are just not understand it, caused we are not used to it, like the Thai for centuries. whistling.gif

Let's be honest - if someone really wanted to plant another bomb like the last time, it wouldn't be difficult.

What is the purpose of your post? Certainly nothing to do with honest.

In my homecountry we have reporters who like to test things. For example our airport security was tightened and they they went to test it with hidden camera's to show it in their tv-program.

They could go wherever they liked on the airport and showed it all on tv.

That works very well to show the managers that they don't do their work properly. They will also show it when they can't get access into the airport.

I also bet i still can plant a bomb in Paragon if i wanted so. I 've never been there by car but do they also have the security at the doors of the carpark to name something? And do they still check the boot of the car without looking what's inside? I bet they still use that mirror on a stick only. Of course it's very hard to check a car totally for bombs but do they have dogs for that? I guess not.

Let's be honest - if someone really wanted to plant another bomb like the last time, it wouldn't be difficult.

In my homecountry we have reporters who like to test things. For example our airport security was tightened and they they went to test it with hidden camera's to show it in their tv-program.

That works very well to show the managers that they don't do their work properly. They will also show it when they can't get access into the airport.

I also bet i still can plant a bomb in Paragon if i wanted so. I 've never been there by car but do they also have the security at the doors of the carpark to name something? And do they still check the boot of the car without looking what's inside? I bet they still use that mirror on a stick only. Of course it's very hard to check a car totally for bombs but do they have dogs for that? I guess not.

I agree with you Thian.

I drove into Central Festival Pattaya yesterday and watched the security staff using the mirror and opening car boots. The checks were a waste of time because only the near side of cars were mirror checked. The security guy opened the boot of the car immediately in front of me and and I could see a big white foam box in there. Did the security guy ask the driver to open the foam box? No prizes for guessing the correct answer! In LOS 'security' is only a word to be published now and again in a promotional sense to re-assure the tourist (baht) market BTW, no-one bothered to check the inside of my pick-up.

I agree with you Thian.

I drove into Central Festival Pattaya yesterday and watched the security staff using the mirror and opening car boots. The checks were a waste of time because only the near side of cars were mirror checked. The security guy opened the boot of the car immediately in front of me and and I could see a big white foam box in there. Did the security guy ask the driver to open the foam box? No prizes for guessing the correct answer! In LOS 'security' is only a word to be published now and again in a promotional sense to re-assure the tourist (baht) market BTW, no-one bothered to check the inside of my pick-up.

It seems the security at BTS Bang Wa has been heightened the past 2 weeks. There are often 3 or 4 police sitting up on the platform.

I have been searched every day now for the past 2 weeks and today she even moved things around in my bag to see what I had.

That is fine by me, but why only Bang Wa? Are terrorists (who are not terrorists) only get on at the end stations?

Thai Tourist Police Division Commander says security tightened in major tourist areas.

I feel safer alreadythumbsup.gif

Tumruad non lap de de na !facepalm.gif

me too, particularly after seeing that picture of all the cops laying on the ground having a rest from what they do( what they do is difficult to ascertain as I have only seen other police on the side of a road also resting from their exhausting police role)

Although the article or the brown clown didn't mention it - and I could be wrong - this could possibly be in response to a "credible threat information regarding a potential terrorist act' at a very popular tourist destination in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The US embassy in Malaysia issued an advisory to warn against travel to that area on 24 September.

Speaking of brown clowns, the Malaysian police (corrupted as they might be) have already arrested three suspects connected with the threat. While the brown clowns here are still faffing about in their 'investigations' on most things, never mind the Erawan incident.