O-A. ( M) Visa

I started my O-A multi visa in Feb this year ( 2015 )

But had to return to the UK in June and have been tied up ever since trying to sell some property ,

A couple of questions ,

I assuming nothing has changed on the visa front to make mine any different than it was before .

ie.. It will be stamped on my return ( 12th October ) with a complete new year lasting until October 2016 ?

And the only thing I have to do during this time is 90 day reporting to show immigration where I reside ?

And if I should chose to leave again during October and February next year , if I arrive back before the original start date ( February 4th ) , it will then be stamped for February 3rd 2017 ... It's only then I will have to show that I have 800,000 bht in Thai account and my residence ?

If I do Not leave again during the above times , I will have to do the 800,000 bht etc on our before February 2016 ... ?

I am I correct on all the above , have things changed Or am I completely wrong anyway

Please advise

Cheers

The life of the visa is 12 months from it's issue date and not the date you first entered. It would be helpful to know the 'enter before' date that's printed on your visa.

"ie.. It will be stamped on my return ( 12th October ) with a complete new year lasting until October 2016 ?"

• Yes. As long as the visa hasn't expired ('enter before') date.

"And the only thing I have to do during this time is 90 day reporting to show immigration where I reside ? "

• Yes. You need to report if you stay 90 days.

"And if I should chose to leave again during October and February next year , if I arrive back before the original start date ( February 4th ) , it will then be stamped for February 3rd 2017 ... It's only then I will have to show that I have 800,000 bht in Thai account and my residence ?"

• Yes. any re-entry before the 'enter before' date will be granted a 12 month stay.
  • Yes.

"If I do Not leave again during the above times , I will have to do the 800,000 bht etc on our before February 2016 ... ?"

No. If you re-enter in October you'll be good until October 2016. So it's October 2016 that you'd need to apply for an extension of stay and need the 800k etc.

I started my O-A multi visa in Feb this year ( 2015 )

What do you mean by start date?

The visa is good for one year from when it was issued at the embassy or consulate, not one year from when you first entered Thailand. You need to look at the visa sticker put in your passport at the embassy.

Each you enter Thailand before the visa expiry date, you will get a full one year permission to stay IN the country from your most recent entry.

You can exit and re-enter as often as you like until the visa expires. Once the visa expires but you still have time left on your last permission to stay, if you want to exit and return, you'll need a re-entry permit.

As your permission to stay approaches its expiry roughly two years from when the visa was issued, you would then need to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. That extends your permission to stay in Thailand, it does not extend your visa which will be long dead by then. While in the country on an extension of stay, you will need a re-entry permit in order to exit and return while maintaining the extension of stay.

Sorry

The enter before date is Feb 8 th 2016

Date of issue 9th Feb 2015

I first used it , 6th March 2015 .

Thanks M

Ok. So the last date you can enter with the visa is Feb 7th.

Any entry between now and that date will be granted a 12 month stay. If you want to maximise the visa then a border hop in the first week of Feb will mean delaying the need for a 1 year extension until Feb 2017.

Thanks guys

All sounds good , and that's just what I'll do end of Jan / start February , to extend it for a further year .. So between now and then ( feb 2017) , all I need to do is 90 day reporting if I stay any one time for that amount of time .

Now after that when I need to apply for a extension of stay based on retirement, is that when I'll need the 800k bht in Thai account , which I ready have incidentally, because I thought I needed that to begin with .

Thanks again , very helpful .

Thanks guys

All sounds good , and that's just what I'll do end of Jan / start February , to extend it for a further year .. So between now and then ( feb 2017) , all I need to do is 90 day reporting if I stay any one time for that amount of time .

Now after that when I need to apply for a extension of stay based on retirement, is that when I'll need the 800k bht in Thai account , which I ready have incidentally, because I thought I needed that to begin with .

Thanks again , very helpful .

Don't forget you will need a re-entry permit for a trip out of the country after the 8th of February 2016 or you will loose your permit to stay you have at the time when you enter the country.

How and when and where do you apply for a re entry permit ? , if for example I was to leave the country say in June of 2016 for couple of months ?

You can apply for the re-entry permit at any time after you have done the last entry form your visa.

You get it an immigration office. Just submit a TM8 application form. You can get a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht or 1000 baht for a single..