The new Mazda BT50 freestyle cab

saintphil

Thanks again for the input from all members , but has anyone owned one to give a personal view of the day to day running, of

one , and wether they had wished they had gone for a better model ie the Ford or Toyota

I'm very happy with mine and would not consider the 2 brands you mention better, certainly not when I bought it

Thank you for the reply stevenl, I think my minds made up, the mazda does seem the way ahead

Nothing wrong to consider the best value you get for your money. I obviously have a BT-50 smile.png, getting 2 years old now. That time the only new models were the Isuzu/Chevy and the Mazda/Ranger, limiting choice significantly. This has changed now.

I would have taken the Ranger as it just looks cooler, if not Fort would have lied to me straight in the face (won a security price in SG, Mazda is the old model, other BS) at two dealers. Seems that was their script. In addition the long waiting time and nothing for free. Mazda throw in 10 partly insignificant freebies, but included was also a 1 year first class insurance worth 20k. That and the 90k lower price of the Mazda were good enough to chose the smiling face, not to think about after sales support from Ford if they even lie to you before you make a testdrive.

So yes, I'm happy with my BT-50, suspension could be a bit better but it's an ute, not a cruiser. Amazing what that beast transported so far and it can still kill almost every other at a traffic light. Would buy the Mazda again anytime.

I must admit,i went to a few other dealers and the Mazda dealer were a lot more helpful, And without a fistful of baht to hand to buy it cash they have already knocked a fair chunk off the price ,and have i not tried to get any extras yet.so I am hopeful

with a pocket full of cash to get some upgrades Thanks Madmac for the input

Just did smile.png. No regrets, great car. Suspension is a bit hard on the rear if unloaded, that could be better. Low fuel consumption, you get around 8...9l/100km in real, mostly city. Mazda service here in CNX is good, many new built centers, they also have a lot more locations than Ford, so don't need to drive through the whole city.

I would buy it again.

P.S. got also free leather seats (well, that fake leather) because madame wanted it, would not take this again in TH, you burn your ass. Alternatively wear long trousers...but who wants this smile.png

[/quote

Already been given orders by her in doors about the seats, as she burns her backside on the fake leather seats in the pickup we

own at the mo

Latest stunt...

mast_2.jpg

Another one

1549474_10152114749592170_1723565020_n.j

Even more helpful the last picture, because a bigger bike is the next thing on the to do list , and just been to town today to

measure up, on a few suspects, I guessed the tailgate wouldn't go down through.

Big bike does not fit on the double cab with closed door. Scooter does. But it's no issue. Just keep it down, it's just an extension, rock solid. I had the 3m tower pieces on the car which were actually 1.5m in the open. Hang a red something at the end and it is ok.

For the bike, it's easier to get it on the car than off, unless you have a ramp. That was a challenge for itself. Got the ER6 from Kampheng Phet, stood solid on the car, so did the tower from Chumpae. It drove better with the heavy weight on the rear wheels than without smile.png. Wife thought otherwise...555

Edited by MadMac

I watched a review last night and the consensus was that Mazda have missed the mark. People expecting it to be up with the class leading Ranger will be disappointed.

Depends on what "the mark" is... for years now, Mazda's strategy has been simple: be a price leader. I think they've still hit that mark.

LOL, can you remind us all of Mazda truck monthly sales, should be good for a laugh or two.

The "freestyle" BT50 is the current model with some more plastic minus the fake lights in the back...

Oops, sorry, I mixed it up. It's not the "Freestyle" but the "Eclipse" edition I meant. First one OP meant facelifted, second "special pre-facelift" with more plastic and no fake lights.

Freestyle is the 2-door version with the longer cabin.

Edited by MadMac

Big bike does not fit on the double cab with closed door. Scooter does. But it's no issue. Just keep it down, it's just an extension, rock solid. I had the 3m tower pieces on the car which were actually 1.5m in the open. Hang a red something at the end and it is ok.

For the bike, it's easier to get it on the car than off, unless you have a ramp. That was a challenge for itself. Got the ER6 from Kampheng Phet, stood solid on the car, so did the tower from Chumpae. It drove better with the heavy weight on the rear wheels than without smile.png. Wife thought otherwise...555

Seem to have similar tastes the ER6, is the weapon of choice I will probably be getting , unless something comes up on the

web, would like a Supermoto like had back home

but not paying KTM prices, and theres not a lot of that style about, so the ER6 looks a good substitute,for a bit of touring, as it is more upright

riding. Thanks for all your helpful input MadMac, Just got to pick a colour now for the BT50

Had a SV650s in Singapore before and liked it more, even with carburetor (2001 model). The ER6 is ok, just too heavy. But I love the twins :).

You can get one for the price of a big scooter nowadays, thanks to Kawasaki the prices of big bikes are down to real world levels. They were the first...

Thanks again for the input from all members , but has anyone owned one to give a personal view of the day to day running, of

one , and wether they had wished they had gone for a better model ie the Ford or Toyota

We bought our Mazda BT50 in December 2014, the 2.2, it drives like a dream. We chose it because similar makes and models were very much pricier. Just returned from Mazda dealership in North Pattaya and had a chance to look at the new model, the only difference I could see was new front grille, new running boards and a bigger badge on the rear tailgate. As a previous poster mentioned there is nothing much to touch it at the lights and overtaking etc, definately buy another, but hoping this will last us for some time. p.s The first service was free and this one which included oil change and filters cost 5700 baht. 3 year warranty.

We bought our Mazda BT50 in December 2014, the 2.2, it drives like a dream. We chose it because similar makes and models were very much pricier. Just returned from Mazda dealership in North Pattaya and had a chance to look at the new model, the only difference I could see was new front grille, new running boards and a bigger badge on the rear tailgate. As a previous poster mentioned there is nothing much to touch it at the lights and overtaking etc, definately buy another, but hoping this will last us for some time. p.s The first service was free and this one which included oil change and filters cost 5700 baht. 3 year warranty.

Thanks for the reply Vogie , think I have made my mind up to go for the Mazda but every little bit of more info helps

5700 baht for oil change and filter? It only cost me just over 1000 baht for the Isuzu and that was ate an Izuzu service centre.

5700 baht for oil change and filter? It only cost me just over 1000 baht for the Isuzu and that was ate an Izuzu service centre.

Can't see the relevance in your comment, but I'm sure we are all very happy for you.

Yes very high but what did they do extra ??.........

Full Service with all parts and labour @ 40 and 80,000 Km Mazda website states = 4,780 baht.. oil and filter change = 930 baht for the other Service schedules....

mine now has 378,000 KM, so will be changing next year at 400,000 KM.[ as do with all pickups].. trouble free motoring .. for me better than all the D-Max versions I had before. so yes will buy another, just be a question of is the Ranger better ? but being able to get a good discount on Mazda expect it will be a new BT50

Edited by ignis

Yes very high but what did they do extra ??.........

Full Service with all parts and labour @ 40 and 80,000 Km Mazda website states = 4,780 baht.. oil and filter change = 930 baht for the other Service schedules....

mine now has 378,000 KM, so will be changing next year at 400,000 KM.[ as do with all pickups].. trouble free motoring .. for me better than all the D-Max versions I had before. so yes will buy another, just be a question of is the Ranger better ? but being able to get a good discount on Mazda expect it will be a new BT50

Next service is 700 baht, must depend where you go??

930b for 7 litres of full synthetic oil and filter @ a mazda dealership sounds cheap.

yep must be having it away with one of the oil rags in the workshop.

Recent 160k km service on my D4D Vigo 1380 THB for 6L Toyota fully syn & 370 THB for the filter.

Usually they just put the half synthetic oil in but were very apologetic when handing me the bill, "not have" they kindly told me.

• 1 month later...

Latest stunt...

mast_2.jpg

Another one

1549474_10152114749592170_1723565020_n.j

Even more helpful the last picture, because a bigger bike is the next thing on the to do list , and just been to town today to

measure up, on a few suspects, I guessed the tailgate wouldn't go down through.

Thanks for the advice got a good deal. And chuffed with the motor

post-190488-14472550517332_thumb.jpg