Coffee club central internet

BigC

Now in coffee club in central one has to

Use there passport for free internet

That's a bit much. Bit of an invasion of privacy

What is the point in this???

So now I have to take my passport out to restaurants

Found it funny when there securty couldn't speak much english and in stead of asking for my ID when entering the car park he asked for my boarding pass lol

Maybe I shall need a passport when going shopping soon and go through customs inspections

With the clampdown on mobiles and the Silk Firewall I would expect that anywhere offering Internet and WiFi will soon have to check the ID of users, terrorists do use internet cafe's because they can not be traced.

P.S. Smile for the Camera, they will also probably have to have CCTV to ID users.

Terrorists can easily borrow someone else's ID I am sure the checks are not as strict as immigration

I mean who goes to a coffee shop with their passport

Also giving out my information does not stop terrorism it help criminals access your data

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but this is not an Internet cafe it's just access to wifi using your own conputer

But when you use WiFi, you are using the provider as a gateway to the internet and their IP...

Should the authorities wish to track any user of the internet they will use the the IP address to try to track the user, it is common that if I use free WiFi even in the UK I have to register to use it.

Archived