The latest drink to hit the market.

Stan42

So, since yesterday there's a new drink in town:

Smirnoff Midnight 100, Guarana.

1 can= 35thb, 250ml, a whopping 7% alc.

From wikipedia: As a dietary supplement, guarana is an effective stimulant:[1] its seeds contain about twice the concentration of caffeine found in coffee seeds (about 2–4.5% caffeine in guarana seeds compared to 1–2% for coffee seeds).

So... it basically tastes and acts like vodka bull but at a lesser price.

What's your opinion?

12032042_544263739057021_920123949913590

Where is it available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually JUST saw it a short time ago in my local 7/11 cooler while grabbing some Singha,, surprising as I had NO knowledge of it,, yet for some reason, the different can, caught my eye,, I'm headed back down at 5pm... ;)

As promised,,,, 1/2 way through my 1st one,,,,, 1st impressions,,,, NO alcohol bite/taste,, None,,, tastes exactly like a watered down, vodka/RedBull,, almost as if a straight RedBull,, with a bunch of melted ice cubes,, but still the fizz,,, $35bht ea,,, or $136bht a 4 pack at my local 7/11,,,

Whats my opinion.....marketed as a girls drink

Ya,,, exactly,,, because as we ALL know,,, ALL, "girls drinks" are 7%,,,, ;)

Wow would suggest people who are fixed on the alcohol content of drink whether male or female may actually have a "problem" with alcohol ;)

I know when i but booze, i buy a certain brand because of the taste not on the basis of the alcohol content

Ya,,, exactly,,, because as we ALL know,,, ALL, "girls drinks" are 7%,,,, wink.png

Yeah! Pantie keys. Like you need that in a bar in Thailand.5555 Just show your wallet. That usually works for us "Handsome Men."

Funny fact for those that don't know it,,, Many times,, you'll see girls here, drinking say a "Bacardi Breezer" (which if you read the label, is also a higher % alc,,,, In the States, the label calls it, "flavored beer",, basicly, malt liquer),,,, And MANY times, they drink it through a straw.... Drinking any alc, through a straw, MANY times, increases it's potency,,, as you tend to not take in as much oxygen,,,(try a beer chug contest, through a straw),,,, sooooo?,,, they get drunk quicker because of the higher alc content,, AND add in the less oxygen?,,, +++,,,,, Guys that are into getting the locals drunker/quicker/cheaper,, can thank me later for that one,,,, 555,, ,

Wow would suggest people who are fixed on the alcohol content of drink whether male or female may actually have a "problem" with alcohol wink.png

I know when i but booze, i buy a certain brand because of the taste not on the basis of the alcohol content

I don't understand the concept of buying a beverage on alcohol content either. I suppose it would be relevant if you'd want to drown your sorrows swilling cheap thrills.

I actually just got a message on my facebook saying this 'beverage' (pointing to this thread) is ALLLL ME... based on what? I wouldn't drink that crap if you paid me to.

Yeah! Pantie keys. Like you need that in a bar in Thailand.5555 Just show your wallet. That usually works for us "Handsome Men."

Funny fact for those that don't know it,,, Many times,, you'll see girls here, drinking say a "Bacardi Breezer" (which if you read the label, is also a higher % alc,,,, In the States, the label calls it, "flavored beer",, basicly, malt liquer),,,, And MANY times, they drink it through a straw.... Drinking any alc, through a straw, MANY times, increases it's potency,,, as you tend to not take in as much oxygen,,,(try a beer chug contest, through a straw),,,, sooooo?,,, they get drunk quicker because of the higher alc content,, AND add in the less oxygen?,,, +++,,,,, Guys that are into getting the locals drunker/quicker/cheaper,, can thank me later for that one,,,, 555,, ,

One too many of these lovely concoctions already, no doubt:

Funny fact is that I think you are talking about the drinks called 'Skye' here, Bacardi breezers contain, well... Bacardi... DOH!

post-154502-0-08195800-1443438431_thumb.

Wow would suggest people who are fixed on the alcohol content of drink whether male or female may actually have a "problem" with alcohol wink.png

I don't understand the concept of buying a beverage on alcohol content either. I suppose it would be relevant if you'd want to drown your sorrows swilling cheap thrills.

I actually just got a message on my facebook saying this 'beverage' (pointing to this thread) is ALLLL ME... based on what? I wouldn't drink that crap if you paid me to.

Well,,,, I don't care if it contains, "moonshine",,, higher alc%,,, is,, weeell,,,, HIGHER ALC %,,, wether it's Skye, Bacardi, Seegrams, Jack Daniels, or again,,, moonshine,,,, sooo,, did you,, "Check YOUR data?"..... Sooooo, YA,,,,, DOH! (edit),,,, so I lumped in Breezers, with all the other, "girly" drinks that happen to carry a high %,,,, so,,, holy $h!t,,, shoot me,,,

Funny fact is that I think you are talking about the drinks called 'Skye' here, Bacardi breezers contain, well... Bacardi... DOH!

attachicon.giffact check.jpg

Another perfect example, of a thread started by someone with a legit question,, that got a couple, legit answers,,, and within a minute or so,, the,, "forum police" are out in force, to, "take such "shenanigans" down",,, under the guise of,,, "NO Tilac, I can't come to bed now,, SOMEone is, "wrong" on the interweb!".... I swear,,, TVF needs to stay online,, if for NOTHING else,,, to keep such people from taking a dive off the 20th floor,,,, Honestly,,,,,

Another perfect example, of a thread started by someone with a legit question,, that got a couple, legit answers,,, and within a minute or so,, the,, "forum police" are out in force, to, "take such "shenanigans" down",,, under the guise of,,, "NO Tilac, I can't come to bed now,, SOMEone is, "wrong" on the interweb!".... I swear,,, TVF needs to stay online,, if for NOTHING else than to keep such people from taking a dive off the 20th floor balcony,,,, Honestly,,,,,

Well,,,, I don't care if it contains, "moonshine",,, higher alc%,,, is,, weeell,,,, HIGHER ALC %,,, wether it's Skye, Bacardi, Seegrams, Jack Daniels, or again,,, moonshine,,,, sooo,, did you,, "Check YOUR data?"..... Sooooo, YA,,,,, DOH! (edit),,,, so I lumped in Breezers, with all the other, "girly" drinks that happen to carry a high %,,,, so,,, holy $h!t,,, shoot me,,,

no need for anyone to shoot you... as usual, you're doing fine on your own...

post-154502-0-72303500-1443440925_thumb.

no need for anyone to shoot you... as usual, you're doing fine on your own...

attachicon.gifdrown your sorrows.jpg

Does your, "OFFICIAL TV INTERWEB POLICE" position come with a genuine,, "tin" badge... or the slightly more childish, but still VERY appropriate, cheap chrome plated plastic version?..... Does the misses expect you to, "flash" it to her, when you ask permission to leave the house on, "official TVP business"???... Or do you simply use the old tried and true with her,,, "CUMMON TILAC,, All the other TVP guys are going out too, it's our monthly circle jerk where we get to recount how we all, "showed him!" to each other,,,, "OH shooot,,, you never let me do ANYTHING!",,,,, my guess is,, a combo of any, or ALL of these afore mentioned scenerios....... Enjoy the weather, "up there",,,,,, lolololol

attachicon.giffact check.jpg

Lol Mr Fact Checker. Breezer does NOT contain any Bacardi at all. That's why it's not called Bacardi Breezer anymore, only 'Breezer'.

Maybe you should get your facts straight before patronizing others. Jeez...

Ya,,, exactly,,, because as we ALL know,,, ALL, "girls drinks" are 7%,,,, wink.png

Putting liquor into cans has been a way the industry have been trying to get girls to buy their product. It still is mainly men who buy bottles, putting the same drink in a smaller container somehow gives the impression that it is less likely to make you an alcoholic. Total bunkum and since this type of marketing the number of female alcoholics has climbed alarmingly.

Where is it available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7-11, Family Mart, Gourmet market

I'll give it a go too!

EDIT

Back from 7-11 with a couple of tinnies.

Taste is OK, but it's very much cheaper and stronger than the usual alcopops.

Breezer 5% @ 56bht. Vs Gurana 7% @ 35bht.

EDIT

Finished my first can ...... I don't drink alcohol often so have low endurance.

As a previous poster stated, the drink doesn't taste alcoholic at all,but after one can I can feel the effect.

Teenage girls beware!

Another perfect example, of a thread started by someone with a legit question,, that got a couple, legit answers,,, and within a minute or so,, the,, "forum police" are out in force, to, "take such "shenanigans" down",,, under the guise of,,, "NO Tilac, I can't come to bed now,, SOMEone is, "wrong" on the interweb!".... I swear,,, TVF needs to stay online,, if for NOTHING else,,, to keep such people from taking a dive off the 20th floor,,,, Honestly,,,,,

How many you had ? Your rambling

To all the serious posters, thanks for your feedback. It does indeed taste like a drink with 0% alc, due to the high sugar content. While it is cheaper than a breezer, I have come to the conclusion that this is just another clever marketing plot. Yes it's 7% and yes you will be able to get girls really drunk without them even noticing. But it's 250ml, that's half the amount of beer. So in the end, if you're after "cheap but high in alc", you're better off buying beer.

Furthermore it's marketed as "fruit wine", even though it's not wine at all. Another clever way to avoid alcohol taxes, as can be seen by the absence of the marked ribbon they place on the opening of high alc% drinks.

So I'm sticking to my faithful Cheers Red.

Obviously not nearly enough,,,, Rambling maybe in your mind,, but you know I'm right,,, Simple, legitimate question posted, within minutes, several appropriate, HONEST answers/OPINIONS posted in response,,, Yet,, there are the always bored, TV keyboard warriors, fingers hovering, ready to pounce,, at a simple mistake, mis-quote, error in a simple statement,,, I'd be really interested in seeing just how many MORE would be willing to post in TV, if the nonsense posts such as I've mentioned were somehow not allowed,,, but I honestly don't think there's enough people willing to monitor the site, to ever make that happen,,,, it truly is sad wouldn't you agree?,, I'm out,,,

Furthermore it's marketed as "fruit wine", even though it's not wine at all. Another clever way to avoid alcohol taxes, as can be seen by the absence of the marked ribbon they place on the opening of high alc% drinks.

Well technically it is fruit wine. It's not like there is vodka in it or anything.

Of course, he will argue,, that he meant,, it was MY rambling,, as in,, I "own" it,,, which is a bit true, as I did sorta, "own" that,,, Should we attempt to explain THAT?.. hhmmm,,, naaaa,,,, lolol

Has anyone ever heard of Flugel? It comes in a miniature bottle like a whisky and is strawberry flavoured although I think it comes in different flavours and in shot tubes. I think it is a Dutch beverage.

I was working in Salou in Spain about 13 years ago and was in the bar and ordered a pint of vodka and red bull, and just for a laugh, we decided to put a flugel in, not emptying the bottle but putting the bottle in the pint pot and letting it come out on its own. I must add there were 3 of us all with a straw drinking it until the glass was empty and when I raised my head, it felt like I was going to fall over, the hit was instant!!!

It ended up on the cocktail menu and we called it the Purple people eater! Great days burp.gif

WARNING - Drinking to excess is not big and not clever (but can be a laugh sometimes!)

Has anyone ever heard of Flugel? It comes in a miniature bottle like a whisky and is strawberry flavoured although I think it comes in different flavours and in shot tubes. I think it is a Dutch beverage.

I was working in Salou in Spain about 13 years ago and was in the bar and ordered a pint of vodka and red bull, and just for a laugh, we decided to put a flugel in, not emptying the bottle but putting the bottle in the pint pot and letting it come out on its own. I must add there were 3 of us all with a straw drinking it until the glass was empty and when I raised my head, it felt like I was going to fall over, the hit was instant!!!

It ended up on the cocktail menu and we called it the Purple people eater! Great days burp.gif

WARNING - Drinking to excess is not big and not clever (but can be a laugh sometimes!)

My 1st trip to Macau back in 02,, was in a club with a friend, who's not a big drinker at all,, urged me to enter the beer chugging contest,,,, there were only a few locals in it,, barely 125 lbs each, and maybe 21 yrs old.. I figured, "what the hell, no WAY those 2 have been drinking beer as many years as I have",,, so, I'm in,, big tall glasses, more than a bottle full each,,, WITH a straw in them,, "I'm like,, NOOO way, no way all that at once, through a straw",, so tossed it out, as did they,,, I won, went back, my buddy was like, "What?,,, why no straw?",, I told him,, "Without the straw,, I could do another couple of those, and then continue on, with our night, WITH the straw?,, I couldn't have walked out of here after the one!"... lolol,,,, Aaahhh,,, good times,,, good times,,,

Archived