If you could have One thing from home what would it be?

GeorgeBrown

Seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer). I get pretty tired of it being HOT 24/7 here.

The other thing I really miss is the selection of cars I have or can get in USA. I miss having a car with a powerful engine for a daily driver, and I miss being able to build my race car.

Best four seasons I had was NYC Hot in Summer, Snow in Winter, beautiful Autumn in Up State New York. Thailand for a long Holiday when it gets cold.

A home-grown American mentality girlfriend, as especially one who can (at least) dance the two-stepcoffee1.gif

The perfect hybrid women, I have seen some beautiful Thai/Farang, and Chinese/Farang women in Thailand. Thanks to some of the Farang from the 60's lol

I reiterate. A home-grown American mentality girlfriend. Capiche?

Edited by TuskegeeBen

A home-grown American mentality girlfriend, as especially one who can (at least) dance the two-stepcoffee1.gif

The perfect hybrid women, I have seen some beautiful Thai/Farang, and Chinese/Farang women in Thailand. Thanks to some of the Farang from the 60's lol

You mean one that doesnt want payment up front for services rendered just screws you for everthing in divorce court :o

O yes, I understand, i used to live an work in NYC between the ages of 17 - 26 and Europe. The women in NYC are the most beautiful I have been with as its a mix of the best of America.

I will second that Tennents Lager , can't believe somebody has not got the franchise for importing it to Asia , it's a winner to whoever does it , BTW just back from Singapore and even that mega city doesn't have it .

I'd rather drink Archa.....Tennents lager was on sale in Scottish supermarkets for £5 for 24 cans some years ago.

I wouldn't drink it if it was free.

Funny guy walked into an Aberdeen pub yesterday and asked for "Your finest pint of Tennents lager!"

Barmaid looked at him with a smirk and he added, "Or whatever you have"

This pub has six real ales on tap and four other lagers for any taste....yet some can't get beyond their love of fizzy chemically tortured filth.

Oh well....enjoy it when you can...not judging....just having a rant while I wait for the pub to open! biggrin.png

Its called tennents but its a drink for the homeless!!! cheesy.gif

Several of my rights.

There is no mistake that you have some much more rights and better services in your western home country. No matter the country, foreigners are treated different.

Which rights do you have in mind, apart from owning land?

Isn't owning land a big one? How about free speech, The right to set up my old trade (banned occupation), or even a reasonable path to PR status. How about owning 100% of a company?

Then there are some unofficial ones like being protected under a rule of law, and protection from corrupt individuals who manipulate the system.

Yes there are ways around much of this, but the question is if we could have something here like it is back home.

You mean one that doesnt want payment up front for services rendered just screws you for everthing in divorce court ohmy.png

Thats well statedclap2.gif but not what I mean. Cheers.

O yes, I understand, i used to live an work in NYC between the ages of 17 - 26 and Europe. The women in NYC are the most beautiful I have been with as its a mix of the best of America.

Ditto. Thai girls, born in the Americas, are a totally different mentality / breed of womenfolk. They are not afraid of their menfolk, as they are in Thailand. Thus, you can develop a more equitable, open, honest, and thought-based relationship, with an American-born Thai-gf.coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Isn't owning land a big one? How about free speech, The right to set up my old trade (banned occupation), or even a reasonable path to PR status. How about owning 100% of a company?

Then there are some unofficial ones like being protected under a rule of law, and protection from corrupt individuals who manipulate the system.

Yes there are ways around much of this, but the question is if we could have something here like it is back home.

Very good points, you've made. But the answer is a resounding NO! Asia is a totally male dominated world, with long-established legal statutes, designed to protect those male only rights, especially within a kingdom.

Very good points, you've made. But the answer is a resounding NO! Asia is a totally male dominated world, with long-established legal statutes, designed to protect those male only rights, especially within a kingdom.

But I am a male In fact if I were an expat female I would have more rights.

But I am a male In fact if I were an expat female I would have more rights.

Off-topic post ~ FACT: A farang female, married to a Thai male, is required to report her residency to Thai Immigration only once a year. Not every 90-days. Thailand is a totally male dominated society. Thai women are quietly terrorfied of Thai menfolk, and will readily cow-tow to the menfolk. Have you ever noticed that it is the Thai women only ,who bow-down to the monks every morning (after sun-rise), with appeasement gift offerings? When will western menfolk ever WAKE-UP, and accept that realities of life, in the LOS? Huh? whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen